SR3 Garage Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrodias

Generally Awesome
This tool is deprecated in favor of the SR3 Save Editor C: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sr3-save-editor-c.1042/

You can still download it, but there will be no further updates.

I've put together a simple garage editor. You can't edit the vehicles themselves. However, you can rearrange, delete, export to file, and import from file all vehicles (except DLC reward vehicles, which aren't stored in the normal garage data). Fill your garage with 92 spectres for all i care!

All vehicle types share garage data space, so cars, planes, helis, and boats will all be on the list. Vehicles are displayed by their in-game name.

We can't add arbitrary vehicles, because the customization data is not yet fully understood. That's why the export function is there. You have to have a vehicle in your garage, which you can then export.

Las0mbra put together a pretty comprehensive collection of exported vehicle files for your convenience! Thanks for that.
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sr3-garage-manager.918/page-3#post-6851

WARNING: The regular version of program requires Java version 7 to run. If you're using 6, you will get an error that it can't find the main class. You can install 7 from java.com. If you are unable to update, download version 1.4 of this program instead. It doesn't have some nice features, but it'll run on 6.

Instructions:
Load a game save, change whatever you want, then save the game save. Exporting vehicles lets you save them to a file, and importing vehicles lets you add vehicles to your garage from exported files.

The program saves the last colors you used in a file called colors.txt. If you want to reset to the default colors, delete the file.

You can select multiple lines by holding shift and clicking or using the keyboard. The move up/down and export buttons properly process multiple selections.

You can drag individual vehicles to move them on the list.

Everything else should be pretty self-explanatory.

Version 1.6 (Java 7 only):
· Added multi-item selection in the vehicle list. Hold shift and use the keyboard or mouse clicks, then use the move up/down buttons. The export button will export all selected vehicles in sequence.
· Added drag-and-drop sorting, but only for one vehicle at a time.
· The program now tries to set the default save location (for when you click load) to the location of your save files. To find this, it reads the registry (if applicable) for the Steam install location and the ID of the first user it finds.

I'll keep 1.5 here just in case 1.6 has a serious flaw. edit: No serious flaws were detected, so i've removed 1.5.

Version 1.5 (Java 7 only):
· Added a vehicle count in the title bar (currently displayed / in the garage / total available slots)
· Added filtering by vehicle type.
· Added coloring by vehicle type.

Version 1.4:
· Fixed a bug causing incorrect length calculation and sometimes cutting off vehicles at the end. The save files were okay, but the affected vehicles were turned into unusable Kenshins.

Version 1.3:
· Fixed a bug that caused any Kenshin to be deleted

Version 1.2:
· First posted release in this thread.
· Updated the vehicle limit to 92, because that's what my testing revealed i could have in my file.

Version 1.1:
· Made the vehicle list display vehicle names instead of internal IDs.

Version 1.0:
· Proof of concept with load, save, move, delete, import, and export functionality.

Attachments

• SR3_Garage_Manager_1.4_Java6.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,351
  • SR3_Garage_Manager_1.6.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,743
Hey, I'm trying to run the program, but I'm getting an error that the program couldn't find the main class corrodias.sr3.garage.manager.SR3GarageManager.

Any help would be awesome, because I've been looking for a tool like this.

Ah crap, i knew i forgot something in the description!

This program requires Java 7. For now. I may get a version 6 JDK installed on my machine in the near future and edit & recompile it for that, but for now, you would have to update to use it. The reason this is a nuisance is that Oracle is being weird about it and, at least as of the last time i checked, is still pushing updates for 6 for some reason instead of recommending an update to 7. But 7's available on java.com, and it should be easy to install.

When I went to update my java, it pushed me right onto java7. They're pushing 7 heavily.. but I guess also doing 6 because of the whole overhaul in methods and so on? You can have a few jres on the machine at once, so I guess install 7 and keep 6 in the back for when it's needed? (And I've found that programs written in 6 aren't always forwards-compatible in 7, and ones in 7 not always to 6... so recompiling may well involve two versions for pre and post 7 crossover?)

I just found a bug: it deletes Kenshins (a motorcycle). They have ID 0, which i didn't think was used. Ha. I'll have it fixed shortly.

update: Fixed in 1.3. I also changed the names of the jars because it's unconventional to put the version number in an executable's name.

(as always, keep backups of things you edit)

First: Thank you very much for this!

I played with exporting vehicles from a savegame further along to one at the beginning of the game. (Which is what i will be using it for.)
After a few problems at first everything went quite well. Even the customization of originally uncustomizable vehicles is ex-/imported.

Capture_Wraith.png

A glitch that i managed to provoke is the broken Kenshin you see at the bottom of the list.

Capture_Kenshin_Fail.png

I don't know precisely what causes this but i guess i didn't let your program let it do its work. I import something and hit immediately save and close. The result you can see above. I haven't tested driving it but customizing its appearance crashes the game.
This happened to me before with the others only by chance did i get them to work.

Great work and thank you once again for this program.

A suggestion if i may. How about collecting every vehicle (excluding DLC ones) as an export file for everyone to download. I would very much prefer completing my garage this way then typing in all the vehicle cheats or hunting for the vehicles i'm missing.

//
Edit: I found a savegame that promises "all vehicles (inlcuding some secret vehicles)" so i will export all vehicles from that for my personal use. I doubt i could be of assistance in distributing the files without a filesharingsite account but i'l do what i can if you want.

http://www.cheathappens.com/18066-PC-Saints_Row_The_Third_cheats
//

MFG Las0mbra

PS: Please overlook any grammar or spelling mistakes i might have made as English is not my native tongue.

Would you please upload the game save file that has the broken Kenshin in it? If you put it in a .zip file, you can attach it to a forum post.

Two questions:
Is the Kenshin the thing that you imported, or did it appear at the bottom for no reason?
If you imported it, then was it a Kenshin when you exported it? Please also upload the exported vehicle file.

I ask if it was a Kenshin because the Kenshin's is ID 0, and i remember seeing body parts disappear like that when i was playing with the save files and setting things to 0 that weren't supposed to be 0. I hypothesize that is what happens if the entire record is 0's. This program isn't supposed to alter those values at all, but maybe if it gets the vehicle count wrong... the game might think a record of all 0's at the end is supposed to be a vehicle. I'll have to test that out.

I think i will eventually produce a library of exported vehicles if nobody else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back