SR3 and its DLC/Patches and mods

And if they don't, well, we might get lucky and it might be easy to splice them into the game as clothing, or a full out replacement outfit like others.

So, I'm judging by the comments it's fun but short and not terribly unique? Trying to figure if I really want to get it and/or DLC pack..

It's definitely short and you can finish it in less than an hour. I had a lot of fun with it though and a couple of unlocks are well worth it to me; the Genkimobile with quad mounted flamethrowers that also gibs npcs when hit, and the Yarnie homie that delivers a 50ft yarnball you can drive around and crush everything with. :D

Thanks for the new patch IdolNinja, that did the job.

Personally I won't be buying the DLC nor have I bought any of them because to me they don't offer value for money. I think a lot of SR3 fans would kill for a massive pack of new clothes/suits to wear that was offered at a reasonable price.

What rlilewis said goes for me. I did buy a couple $1.99 ones on Steam when SR3 was on sale there but to be honest I'd not buy
them again. The latest pack is of no interest to me, though I love the SR3 core game despite its lacking in areas. I got it for a solid
value when Steam had it on sale. Thumbs way up.

I'd go for a serious pack of clothing (not just a few silly suits), and content that adds to the core game. Example would be MORE assassination missions and just more gang activity dammit. It seems a shame as the game goes on that the other gangs 'operations' just go away. I enjoy that aspect of the game. I'd also go for DLC that does things to improve the game , like a way to delete garbage gang vehicles that get forced into your garage as the game proceeds. How bout a DLC that removes the disappearing actor nonsense when you
dare to turn around and back again?
Yah, I know I'm just dreaming and making stuff up now. Won't happen.

Adding on Genki bowl stuff just is of zero interest to me, sorry! I've viewed the vids of it.

Give me core value to the core game DLC and I'll bite.
Short of that, fix Sr4 to be a quality remix of Sr3 and 2!

I lately noticed some similarities between the Saints Row series and Grand Theft Auto series. I compare GTA San Andreas with Saints Row 2 and GTA IV with Saints Row 3. Both series had a game engine switch between the games and both following games had less features, but more graphical advancements.

Now putting GTA5 into the mix, makes me come to the following conclusion. GTA IV had less features, because the engine was new, it was full of bugs, crashes, etc. Episodes from Liberty City (EFLC) had far less bugs and crashes, because the engine is further tested. SR:TT has a new/upgraded engine, therefore less features. But the engine is a good and stable one.
The GTA5 trailer showed a lot of features from San Andreas returning, meaning that SR4 might have alot of features from SR2 again, since by then, the engine had some time to be fully tested in a real gaming scenario.

The problem I had with GTA4 wasn't the bugs or crashes (I never really experienced any).. it was the design shift. For some reason I simply could not for the life of me get used to the car physics. They handle like boats. Big boats. More akin to infamous cruise liners that are prone to capsizing on rocks than sporty little cars. I'm sure it's more "realistic" but for some reason I can't get used to that. I'm not the type to play driving simulators so that could be a part of it..

Saints Row 3.. it was too short, and missed out on a fair bit of what made SR2 a blast. It seems the DLCs are the same... but thankfully Volition in both SR3 and the first DLC (judging by what others have said) made a game that is a blast to play. It's not perfect, and I don't like some changes, but at least it's a fun game to play and that's what irked me about GTA4. SR3 is tough to compare to GTA4 because the GTA series went off in another direction while SR3 attempted to be a distilling of the formula (much like how GTA San Andreas was probably the best of the GTA games for the same reason)

I guess I'll wait now to see what the DLCs are like once they've all come out.. and if worse to worse, well, hope Volition listens to internet reviews and commentary about their game and fixes up for SR4. Personally I'd rather play a game that's a bit on the short side and fun than one that isn't much fun but a lot longer.
(Well, that and story and writing.. SR3 wasn't as good as SR2 in that department, but it still had enough moments to be good. GTA4 was probably good compared to SA, but GTA4 was unfun otherwise and I couldn't put up with the story long enough to see it. That and "HEY! Cousin Niko! Let's go see some big american titties!" every 5 minutes :mad:)

Back