Something to keep you busy until the SDK can be released...

Cool thanks for this.

Just one problem. Avira Antivir flags the file sr2_vehicle_table_crunch.exe as a virus (TR/ATRAPS.Gen). I'm safe to assume it's a false positive.
I see that issue in virustotal's results as well https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...dfe5196e7fd3842085e1deec/analysis/1374542056/. I'm not sure what is going on, but I see other programs trigger this alarm as well. Even something as popular as Rainmeter fights with this. I've submitted the file to them to request that they take a look and see why the false positive is showing up.

I've been using the sr2 cvtf crunch tool to add "Gang_Saints" variants to each of the extra GotR gang customization vehicles. I thought an example environment with the modded tables, the batch file, and the tool itself would be helpful to other modders trying to make sense of how it works. Simply run the batch file and it will create new cvtf files based on the vehicle xtbl files in ..\tables\. The new variants I added were simply copied and pasted from another variant in the table, and then a bunch of parameters changed like the weight, color, decal entry removal, etc.

Attachments

• sr2_cvtf_crunch_tool_example.rar
    190.4 KB · Views: 802
SRTT works a bit differently with the Volition packager and crunch tool and how it deals with streaming files and updating asms. I created a step by step example environment with notes inside the batch file on what each step does. See attached.

Attachments

• example_SRTT_vehicle_variant_add_and_crunch.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 684
So you Edit the XTBL Files and repack them?

Not quite. You crunch them into a binary cvtf format that the game understands. It's not really repackaging like how the vpp files work.

I see that issue in virustotal's results as well https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...dfe5196e7fd3842085e1deec/analysis/1374542056/. I'm not sure what is going on, but I see other programs trigger this alarm as well. Even something as popular as Rainmeter fights with this. I've submitted the file to them to request that they take a look and see why the false positive is showing up.
It's only a Generic match, so it thinks it's seeing suspicious behaviour rather than any actual positive match. Even so, that kind of matching is quite frustrating.

Knobby, are there any plans to make a "Model viewer" for the .peg or .g_peg? I just would love to see the weapons on a model viewer first before playing, you know?

Knobby, are there any plans to make a "Model viewer" for the .peg or .g_peg? I just would love to see the weapons on a model viewer first before playing, you know?
We don't really work that way since we have the source assets and we just use the game to view the model after that. I wouldn't expect anything from us anytime soon to do this. I would love to see a community app that does that and also one that displays the contents of the peg files. That's another thing we don't really need internally since we have the tga.

Back