So about "that" cutscene

The more I think about it the more I think the Rebuild Earth ending is the "canon" one simply because of the effort put into it. It beats the other endings by a WIDE margin and has original assets, way more VO, some music, and several different animation sequences rather than a single shot with two or three animations playing. The rest used minimal VO and mostly recycled assets.

The more I think about it the more I think the Rebuild Earth ending is the "canon" one simply because of the effort put into it. It beats the other endings by a WIDE margin and has original assets, way more VO, some music, and several different animation sequences rather than a single shot with two or three animations playing. The rest used minimal VO and mostly recycled assets.
Well that makes alot more sense then the conclusion I came up with which is that they put alot of effort into moving away from "Grand Theft Auto: Stilwater" so it wouldn't make much sense for them to put in all that effort just to end up as "True Crime: Streets of Steelport". Honestly I hope they end up going with the new planet route because I love the idea of humanity beyond earth. Plus it allows them to go open world without it involving some sort of random massive spacestation that they need to tie into the story. Or some "VR" environment.

Not gonna lie, I'd be sorely disappointed to see everything rebooted. I think the new planet ending has the potential to create a more Saints Row 1/Saints Row 2 like game while not retconning the series. I've been thinking of this since SRIV, and GOOH really doesn't complicate it occuring:

Upon arrival, the Saints are met with the hostile race Kinzie was talking about (which I could entirely see being a joke and having the race be very similar to humans, as some of the dumb shit parts of our human race does would be viewed to an outside race as "hostile and psychotic.") and they crash land. Without super powers and communication with the Zin planet, other than having somewhat advanced weaponry, they are at the bottom again. Even more so than before, in a way. The natives could be a fairly advanced civilization with cities and vehicles similar to Earth. After everything the series has done, the idea of a fairly mirror-image Earth is hardly unbelievable in my opinion.

But the pessimist in me doubts anything like this would happen. "Every story must end" bullshit and all. Bleck. I'd rather the series cease to exist, at least I can think about what could have been. But I'd definitely prefer it goes that way. I hate reboots 99% of the time, and being so invested in the story and characters, this doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of falling into the other 1%. (Shitty pun intended.)

using that as proof for saying that ending is most likely the canon ending is,no offence,kinda poor.i mean i don't know what you saw,but the aisha ending definitly used new assets and tbh the retcon ending didn't seem that much different when looking into the effort put into them,altho i do have to admit the music was epic :3 . the ''know everything'' ending was obviously a troll,but for all we know we might as well go with the ending where gat rules hell and put saints row in a medieval enviroment,with satan traveling back and forth in time creating paradoxes,or creating an entire new realm and army threathening the forces of heaven mostly,wich i don't neccesarily support as most medieval themed games like skyrim for example wouldn't go with saints row at all.

i'm just saying that they could pretty much pick any ending and go from there,like the hell one,the new home one,heck even the one where johnny finds all the answers could turn into a game of ''create the perfect lobster dish'' and the lobster dish turning out to grant you magical powers when consumed,making you almost equal to god or anything like that.although personally i'd go with

1. New home.

2. Ruler of hell.

3. Retcon.

Or something completely different. It wouldn't exactly be out of character for Volition to say, "I know we let you pick an ending, but we're just gonna do it our way." :p

Not gonna lie, I would really love that ending to be a hint to Saints Row V. I just don't see how Volition can take the series anywhere else after Saints Row IV.

Make this happen, Volition! I can already imagine the name of the new series. Saints Row: Special Investigation Forces. Where you play as a fully customizable chief of police and you kick all kinds of ass.
So basically, the original story of Saints Row the Third?

You mean the one set in the police station? If you check, the character shaded in darkness is actually a complete new NPC too!

I'm pretty sure that was the original story for the first Saints Row, not three.
The first one was just Troy, who was simply a main character. In the VERY old and as-of-right-now discarded story concept, you were supposed to be a undercover cop (a different one, mind you) who infiltrated the 3rd Street Saints. Volition cut that as they felt that the game needs to be more about the player's character.

I got this all from the wiki, you know.

Back