So about "that" cutscene

combine 2 endings
since johnny is ruling hell, whats left of humanity finds a new world. but gat misses the saints and says "fuck it" so he leaves hell to Vogel and uses all his power to reunite with the saints in the new world. together again they start from the bottom

As for me, only 2 endings have a potential: "New life" and "New home". IMHO I'd like to see, what happens next than "instead" and... Jezzie with Saints :3

If they continue this storyline, which I doubt, I'd rather they go off the "new planet" ending. It's the perfect setting for an open-world game (a planet full of violent warriors would have lots of cities the Saints could set up base in, as well as gangs and cops of its own for them to go up against), and they could easily say God gave all the saints superpowers, so we wouldn't have to go back to walking and driving everywhere.

In my opinion Volition is stuck with two logical options. Either go off the "Reboot\Altered Timeline" ending or the "New Planet\Earth 2.0" ending.

In my opinion Volition is stuck with two logical options. Either go off the "Reboot\Altered Timeline" ending or the "New Planet\Earth 2.0" ending.

Or they might just forget about the whole thing and keep going with something completely different. Remember how Saints Row 2 hinted at a future storyline with Dex and Ultor, but Saints Row 3 pretty much abandoned it for the zany, randomness that was Saints Row 3 and Saints Row IV?

With some game developers, you can pretty much guess their next move. Volition? Yeah, there's no predicting what they're going to do for Saints Row V. All we have to go on is that Saints Row IV is 'the last game in the current incarnation'. That could literally mean anything. It wouldn't surprise me if Saints Row V has us controlling a gang of elves from one fantasy clan waging war on three other fantasy clans to take over an entire fantasy realm.

I think Saints Row V will be like a gnome simulator. You play a gnome, and you can customize yourself by wearing more gnomes. Your can use gnome weapons that shoot more gnomes. And you can also drive gnomes around. The city is just the inside of one big gnome. And the goal of the game is to break out of the inside of the giant gnome, but then you find that the giant gnome was just inside of an even bigger gnome, and that sets off Saints Row 6.

And since the boss is the president, it could be called Saints Row V: Gnomeland Security...

*i'll leave now*

I think Saints Row V will be like a gnome simulator. You play a gnome, and you can customize yourself by wearing more gnomes. Your can use gnome weapons that shoot more gnomes. And you can also drive gnomes around. The city is just the inside of one big gnome. And the goal of the game is to break out of the inside of the giant gnome, but then you find that the giant gnome was just inside of an even bigger gnome, and that sets off Saints Row 6.

And since the boss is the president, it could be called Saints Row V: Gnomeland Security...

*i'll leave now*
Nein!

It'll be about Matt Miller as Nyteblade in the second expansion pack called Saints Row: Nyteblade of the Night where we basically do Nyteblade stuff while Matt Miller waxes lyrical about the lore and how much he loves it in his monologue. Oh, and the big bad guy will, of course, be Killbane in the Bloody Canoness dress who wants to do...whatever Canoness wanted to do.

Oh, and Kiki would play as Nyteblade's fallen lover. We'll even get to play that cutscene of Nyteblade trying to save his lover/Kiki.

The Boss might show up a time or two to snark at Matt because he/she can, but that's about all they'll do. :p

*I'll be going to bed now*

Jokes aside what do you think this ending could potentially hint at for SR5?

This may be a stretch, but I think it's a possibility that Volition is recognizing the split between the 1/2 and 3/4 style and fanbase and hopes to approach both of them in separate continuities.
More likely though, I think they may just be using those multiple endings to gauge interest in what direction to take for the next one. Since it will be different, there is no doubt about that. Steve Jaros doesn't work there anymore, meaning there will be a new Creative Director and that means things are going to be different.
I also imagine that whoever replaces him would not want to tamper with Jaros's "baby" if you will which makes the soft reboot option more likely.

Didnt volition say that with Saints Row V the game will basically be completely change?
Yeah, they said that Saints Row IV would be the last game in its current incarnation. Whether that means no more crazy, random, silly plots or we have a whole cast of new characters or a completely different setting, I don't know. It could be a combination of all three.

Back