Shiny Clothes 4 MC

This thread is probably dead, but I figured I'd ask: has anyone managed to manually add the leather or wet look to a costume piece? I'm trying to give the short shorts from Leather and Lace a leather texture, but my game just crashes. And before anyone asks, yes, I own the game legitimately, and yes, my Steam account should be linked to my forum account.

Anyway, I'm running JediDave's Character Customization, ComradeJK's Anatomically correct female texture's, Extra Clothing and Makeup colors, and this. All of these mods work fine together...up until I try to add my modified short shorts and update the ASM, then the game crashes completely.

So here's the way I've been going about this, but I'm relatively new to this, so I've had to figure it all out piecemeal:

Using the "attachments.zip" linked by superdemus on page 6, I've unpacked "customize_item.vpp_pc"
Navigate to folder "custmesh_150766254" (I've isolated this as the short shorts)
Using WinHex, and the method described by superdemus for leather here: here , I'm editing the file "cm_lli_lbdy_f_shorts" in both "custmesh_150766254 and "custmesh_150766254f". Note, that I've edited them exactly as described in the link.
Once those have been edited, I'm using Minimaul's tools to repack them as .str2_pc files.
I then dump those files in the root directory for Saint's Row IV.

Note that I've tried two ways of updating the ASM. First is to update the ASM for each file as it's being repacked through the GUI. The second is to simply pack the files, and then use Stream2Update to update at once, with the same results in either case.

Clearly there's something I'm missing, so I'd appreciate any help anyone might offer.

This thread is probably dead, but I figured I'd ask: has anyone managed to manually add the leather or wet look to a costume piece? I'm trying to give the short shorts from Leather and Lace a leather texture, but my game just crashes. And before anyone asks, yes, I own the game legitimately, and yes, my Steam account should be linked to my forum account.

Anyway, I'm running JediDave's Character Customization, ComradeJK's Anatomically correct female texture's, Extra Clothing and Makeup colors, and this. All of these mods work fine together...up until I try to add my modified short shorts and update the ASM, then the game crashes completely.

So here's the way I've been going about this, but I'm relatively new to this, so I've had to figure it all out piecemeal:

Using the "attachments.zip" linked by superdemus on page 6, I've unpacked "customize_item.vpp_pc"
Navigate to folder "custmesh_150766254" (I've isolated this as the short shorts)
Using WinHex, and the method described by superdemus for leather here: here , I'm editing the file "cm_lli_lbdy_f_shorts" in both "custmesh_150766254 and "custmesh_150766254f". Note, that I've edited them exactly as described in the link.
Once those have been edited, I'm using Minimaul's tools to repack them as .str2_pc files.

Note that I've tried two ways of updating the ASM. First is to update the ASM for each file as it's being repacked through the GUI. The second is to simply pack the files, and then use Stream2Update to update at once, with the same results in either case.

Clearly there's something I'm missing, so I'd appreciate any help anyone might offer.

I've uploaded the Minimaul's SR4 tools from the shiny clothes installer along with some .bat files that will pack the short shorts and update the "customize_item.asm_pc" present in the same map. Just follow the instructions at the readme file.

You'll also find the short shorts custmesh files already modded with the hex editor for the leatherlook as well as the wetlook. Below you can see which changes were made with the hex editor.

hex-leather.png hex-wetlook.png

Of course you can always overwrite the vanilla textures with the ones you've altered.
I hope this helps!

Attachments

• packer.7z
    893.1 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
this is an updated setup to add iron saint suit;). my first modification to sr4. I was trying to figure out how to update the customize item for more than one custmesh file I modified and loved his clothes, so I am going to add more clothes if that's ok with the author and update the setup:cool:. if the author feels it is not appropriate to update his mod I would have no problem with him deleting it. he can more than gladly modify the suit as he wishes( just a black suit I downloaded) and reupload the setup. I love the clothes and was just hoping to help;)

EDIT:
Added Short Shorts Mod to setup
Here is how his shorts look
Screenshot14302.jpg

Attachments

• SR4ShinyClothes_1.2 UPDATED.rar
    13.1 MB · Views: 705
Last edited:
I've uploaded the Minimaul's SR4 tools from the shiny clothes installer along with some .bat files that will pack the short shorts and update the "customize_item.asm_pc" present in the same map. Just follow the instructions at the readme file.

You'll also find the short shorts custmesh files already modded with the hex editor for the leatherlook as well as the wetlook. Below you can see which changes were made with the hex editor.

View attachment 8093 View attachment 8094

Of course you can always overwrite the vanilla textures with the ones you've altered.
I hope this helps!
Any chance of modifying the vixen corset file:oops:? I love that one and i'm not too good with a hex editor:p.

I updated and uploaded the setup to include the shorts for you and include the mk2 black iron saint. Maybe superdemus can help me figure out how this hex editing works sometime,i just added his shorts into setup,all credits go to superdemus.

View attachment 8093 View attachment 8094

I hope this helps!
If at all possible could you modify the three count top and wife beater tease when you get time superdemus? Or if you could just let me know which lines to modify(the photos listed are unreadable). Thank you in advance for your time sir.
EDIT:
My mistake, the pictures are readable and i beleive i can work on some of these clothing items now. Thank you

Last edited:
Why can't I install all of them?
Because it is 2 different versions of the same file, just modified differently. This kind of work isn't easy my friend so atleast give superdemus some thanks. I been modding a while and it still looks like chicken scratch to me so he's a better man than i am when it comes to this stuff. Many thanks for the mod superdemus and i would be more than glad to help in any way if you need it my friend.

Back