Shaders Mod

Noticed a bug. The tops of buildings switch between textures when you reach a certain height while jumping.
Yup, there's plenty of bugs. I found this in Planet Zin:
2015-09-16_00001.jpg 2015-09-16_00002.jpg 2015-09-16_00003.jpg
And there are still some wall glitches in few places:
2015-09-04_00001.jpg
I just hope this mod will be finished one day... I hate those shitty glitch effects.

Noticed a bug. The tops of buildings switch between textures when you reach a certain height while jumping.
same to me
It happens because I was trying to remove remove glossy streets (wet look). I fixed it and I'll release it soon.
Yup, there's plenty of bugs. I found this in Planet Zin:
Because I ported building shaders from TT
And there are still some wall glitches in few places:
I know. I have to find that file with glitches

Thank you very much, can wait to try this once I get access to the ship. Does this affect looks of game preEscape mission? I tried to do a SweetFX in my last play through but I couldn't do anything, the basic color scheme for the shader/ game coloring is terrible and has to be changed in the game and no sweetFX fliter could fix it. I'm so happy you did this.

Can anyone make a tutorial on how to install this mod PLEASE :)

Installation (from Author):

1. Go to SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\packfiles\pc\cache
2. Make backup of shaders.vpp_pc file
3. Download modded shaders
4. Unpack to the same folder (SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\packfiles\pc\cache)

Additional Usage Instructions (from me)

I haven't used this mod yet (I'm playing other games now) but looking at the pictures the mod author put up, it seems to me that you'll need to have access to the ship to apply the different effects of this mod. People who've already installed this feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You'll get access to ship after the Escape mission. Furthermore you may need an additional mod called Ship TOD controls unlock early. Mod authors just assume everyone's played the game through at least once and know about changing Time of Day on the Ship already but it's quite confusing if it's your first play through and you're just start starting.

I haven't used this mod yet (I'm playing other games now) but looking at the pictures the mod author put up, it seems to me that you'll need to have access to the ship to apply the different effects of this mod. People who've already installed this feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You'll get access to ship after the Escape mission. Furthermore you may need an additional mod called Ship TOD controls unlock early. Mod authors just assume everyone's played the game through at least once and know about changing Time of Day on the Ship already but it's quite confusing if it's your first play through and you're just start starting.
I use Sanbox+ so I can change visual effects by pressing 2 keys

I use Sanbox+ so I can change visual effects by pressing 2 keys

Good to know!!! I've taken a break from SRIV after accidentally deleting a 50% playthrough (playing Witcher 2 now) but I'll be back on SRIV soon. It's good to know about Sandbox+. I haven't used it before. How would you go about applying this mod with it??

Back