Sandbox+ for SRTT

Hey Idol, I've got your Sandbox+ Mod, and I love it - there's only one problem that I haven't figured out yet. RBRACKET,LBRACKET, etc. is on my 7 & 0 button when you press shift, I don't have the actual buttons because this is an european computer... What do I do? :(

- thanks in advance, and sorry for bothering you.

You can actually change what key triggers by opening up control_binding_sets.xtbl that comes with the mod and searching for CBA_OFC_DEBUG_PRATFALL for left bracket and CBA_OFC_TAUNT_ONE for right bracket. Once you have found those control entry, then change the <Key> line right below from RIGHT BRACKET and LEFT BRACKET to a different key like APOSTROPHE or L or something like that. Don't forget to once again reset all your key bindings in game after doing so.

EDIT:
New build coming soon with the ability to play all mission music at any time. :)

thanks idol appreciate that. lol @ new ability play mission music, i didnt know that wasnt known & i figured i better figure it out on my own rather than ask cuz i'd look dumb, i feel like i figured somethin out now, lol. anyways, yeah the idea at one point for that thing the other day was where my ambitions got ahead of me & almost wanted to make like a little mission like a community dlc thing, & let people build on it if they wanted or had ideas. i was at one point thinking of it teleporting u to the top of statue after a wave of guys at HQ, and then with the 3 other music cues from the game i picked out & a ton of other sound effects i handpicked (thats my background is in music production &mixing & mastering.... like dj stuff style stuff but a bit different) but anyways, i thought about wanting roadblocks set up then at certain things & even (in the "mission-like" idea, if people were willing, let it take away ur 4th damage bullet immunity damage temporarily, (cuz that imho is the one thing that kills any challenge left in the game, but for alot of times, i just wanna have fun & run around anyways, but i thought if did like a lil mini thing, work ur way to the center of town & get ur upgrades back roadblock by roadblock, & eventually after beating, u'd open the alt tod for free play (lol, grand ideas, lol) but u couldnt jack cars, & whatever, etc, etc, anyways, the end i wanted to cull the dogfights from the mission script in m23 & have them flying around daedalus & have some star wars epic showdown crazy shit.... then i wanted to keep it straight apocalypse, then i thought people might wanna have zombies attack in a custom whored mode in the one, & THEN..... i decided just let it go to anybody who has any ideas & add stuff like that.... becuz as u can see, i readily got to a moment where i thought, "piece of cake, i'll have it done by noon tomorrow,," lol (or so to speak,) & then realized what the hell am i talking about, & being realistic was like ok, i can use my skillset for the stuff i just did with stuff, but the rest of it is all u guys's strongsuit, i have no idea what im doing, i really mean that, lol. but anyways, if any body likes it at all or has ideas or whatever thats cool. if not, whatever.
but yeah i'll make a setup then when get home where u can switch to the regular thing of it as well, just wherever u are.... i didnt realize it keeps u from teleporting to a different locale & stuff for a minute or 2 til i had it set to settle down.... but anyways, thx for kind words.

gl2gz1, all of those ideas would be better served in a mission itself; converting one of the original game ones. The problem with just using sr3_city.lua is that there is no way to spawn in things like cars or npcs. With a mission you would be able to (eventually) set all that up yourself. The problem is that all the coordinate and spawn data is locked away in binary files that can only be hex edited (so far.) One day we will hopefully have to tools to edit that data and then you can go to town on creating custom missions.

All of your stuff is already fixed and in the next build of Sandbox+. So please wait for that and use it as a base to build on. :)

yeah the mission thing was like a pipe dream that lasted for about an hour the other day, lol. realistically i had ideas on the simple shit i could do, but still have it be open as free play.... like would just spawn u every couple minutes at certain points around town with ur notoriety from everyone at max & building on a little thematic thing with the sound design & graphics, & like the second wave if u were still alive would teleport u to the top of statue with another look & background, (u can see it in the screenshots, that one has clouds even faster & another layer also that actually looks like it kinda worked where they look they're swirling over midtown like some other world funnel or something.... it was one of those things where if i set the value 0.001 in the wrong direction, it looked like it threw the whole thing off.... bu anyways, regardless, the beginning & (im sure) the end of which will be just a set of thematic tod's i tried to get all creative & artistic on some dramatic lookin shit with, just for whatever.

i still dont know if should leave the sirens & stuff on, or have it cut after a min like i do, i spent just as much time on the sound design & layering & stuff.... but the one sound i keep on, i noticed it sounds good til i teleport somewhere, then becuz it cuts out for the loading screen it annoys me when it comes back in, lol. i fuss over dumb shit like that, i must have spent an hr lining up the thunder sound perfectly where i wanted even though i doubt no one ever notice, but i cant help it, whatever. but i dunno, i know nobody else thinkin like that, but if anybody plays with it, just know if somethin aint cool or somethin, its a work in progress. and its just a dumb tod, i dont wanna make a fuss over it. i was just proud of my OWN self cuz i've never looked at anything about how games work before or anything. lol. i feel so out of place posting here among people who know stuff about it, & here i am asking all the time about stuff for my video project & shit, lol.... so i was like determined give somethin back even if its just simple tod, i thought whatever im gonna get all crazy creative here just for fun & see what happens, & so whatever. anyways, no big deal. if there was space & i knew how i'd upload the HD trailer video i cut together in premiere last nite with this stuff & other sr3 sandnox stuff that idol did with the effects adding & so i did some cinema clip stuff of some badass slow-motion hero explosion stuff to some epic ass choir & trailer voices i have & then BOOM, the hero gets hit by a car & dies, the end.
lol.

but whatever, screw that all that, i know yall aint worried about that, i was just sayin. i never woulda been able to do anything without looking thru so many files for info about how to find camera position, & although i still never figured that one out, i at least learned enough to throw my creative energy for past couple days into the apocalypse thing. so yeah. it is what it is, its definitely the kind of thing by its very nature that is probably better in small doses, thats just how most stuff is thats dramatic like that, & when i cant serve a payoff with a battle or something, u either gotta start some drama, or it likely get on nerves quick. thats how i am anyway, but i have adhd, so whatever. but most stuff in the world thats good is small doses thing, so the more i hit the keycombo for that in one day, the less its gonna be cool until i wait a day. or something. im talking philosophical bullshit right now people. dont mind me, im in the back of a car on a lomg trip. lol. anyways, whatever, & oh i just saw last comment now, thanks badmad, glad u liked it.

For those of you that play with that : Please Remember to set to clear skies before starting that, even if ur skies are clear at the moment. cuz u'll notice it start to look different & not good, & thats cuz its about to rain, & u have to set clear skies, so just do it once before starting, instead. & also freeze ur time. that part might not be necessary, but in some of my tests it absolutely was, so u cant go wrong with clear skies & frozen time on that. and i've got my eye on other ambient sounds for the permanent one in case that one starts annoying me too much. i really settled on that one after so so many, and after my initial mix that it starts with, but i could see it becoming annoying. (if there's a wayto set volumes on individual audio post events, plz lemme know if can.)

and forget everythimg i just whined about it for not being able to get it perfect, i do that with everything i ever make. lol. and i guess i'll just add that if anyone out there knows how to find local position of camera i'm still lookin for that crap.

anyways whatever, but thank you to those of u who like, u dont know how self-conscious i was since i never did anything like that before. i confident in my eye & ear, but not with coding, or should i put as plainly as the way i mean it.... "that stuff that makes games work." thats about all i know, lol.

.47 alpha is out!

Check the OP for download.

Changelog

!!IMPORTANT!! There is one new file included that is required for mission music!
audio_banks.xtbl

Added commands to play mission music in the open world. Repeatedly selecting the same command will cycle through the different music for that mission. The final part of the cycle is OFF for each.

G + INSERT = Play Good Heists Gone Bad mission music
G + HOME = Play I'm Free Falling and We're Going to Need Bigger Guns mission music
G + PGUP = Play Party Time and Trojan Whores Music
G + DELETE = Play The Belgian Problem and Ho Boat Music
G + END = Play Gang Bang and Return of Nyteblade music
G + PGDOWN = Play Learning Computer music
G + RIGHT = Play deckers.die music
G + LEFT = Play My Name is Cyrus Temple and Air Steelport music
G + DOWN = Play Zombie Attack music
G + UP = Play Murderbrawl XXXI music (You're the Best Around) and Three Way music (Holding out for a Hero)
G + LBRACKET = Play STAG Film music
G + RBRACKET = Play Gangstas in Space music - (NOT WORKING YET)
G + SEMICOLON = Attach Ambient Radio to player

Added 3 new alternate times of day from gl2gz1 to the alt tod cycle. The optional time of day files are required for these to work.

Added gl2gz1's unique Apocalypse of Saint John time of day that does some really cool scripted things. The optional time of day files are required for these to work.
F + UP = Toggle Apocalypse of Saint John unique time of day (requires optional alternate time of day files)

Epic... Just epic. Running around dressed like a goofy superhero, throwing fireballs and listening to You're the best around. I think this game just got its next year of extra freshness! Great work!

You must have done something considered impossible for months. Now destroying STAG with Last Man Standing will be too epic!

I just figured out how to fix the quiet ambient radios by playing the actual song files from the audio banks instead. :)

Also, it's going to be a royal pain in the ass (but worth it.)

Back