Sandbox+ for Saints Row IV

A suggestion I was thinking: Is possible to make something that allow you to freeze and unfreeze the Boss in the middle of an action (even in air)?

Longtime reader, first-time poster. Thanks to IdolNinja for the amazing mod.

I was playing with the sr3_city.lua file today and found a way to toggle specific super powers with unused keybinds in Sandbox+. I was able to turn both sprinting and jumping off individually by using "player_unlock_super_power(6) -- Jump" and "player_lock_super_power(6) -- Jump."

This also seems to work for unlockables.

I was able to turn off wall sprint in-game, but not dual wielding.

For instance:

Code:
                if not SUPER_JUMP then
                player_super_movement_enable(true)
                action_play( LOCAL_PLAYER, "photo op" )
                player_unlock_super_power(6) -- Jump
                unlockable_unlock("Jump_glide_terminal")
                unlockable_unlock("Jump_Speed")
                unlockable_unlock("Jump_glide")
                unlockable_unlock("Air_Dash_1")
                unlockable_unlock("Air_Dash_2")
                unlockable_unlock("Air_Dash_3")
                unlockable_unlock("Jump_dfa")
                unlockable_unlock("Wall_Sprint")
                unlockable_unlock("Jump_Height_1")
                unlockable_unlock("Jump_Height_2")
                unlockable_unlock("Jump_Height_3")
                sandboxplus_message("SuperJump ON!")
                else
                player_super_movement_enable(true)
                player_lock_super_power(6) -- Jump
                unlockable_lock("Jump_glide_terminal")
                unlockable_lock("Jump_Speed")
                unlockable_lock("Jump_glide")
                unlockable_lock("Air_Dash_1")
                unlockable_lock("Air_Dash_2")
                unlockable_lock("Air_Dash_3")
                unlockable_lock("Jump_dfa")
                unlockable_lock("Wall_Sprint")
                unlockable_lock("Jump_Height_1")
                unlockable_lock("Jump_Height_2")
                unlockable_lock("Jump_Height_3")
                sandboxplus_message("SuperJump OFF!")
                end
                SUPER_JUMP = not SUPER_JUMP

Last edited:
Sorry, accidentally posted this under the SRTT thread for Sandbox. Sorry if this has been said before, but I noticed the Special Command key bindings follows the action, not the key itself. I reset my menus per instructions after install, but for comfort prefer my Sprint and Crouch keys to CapsLock and Shift, respectively. When I rebound those keys, the special commands followed the new binding instead of remaining on your documented keys. Given your instructions to reset menus to defaults, this does make sense, but it seems more accurate to say [CROUCH] + INSERT = Enable/Disable Super Attacks instead of CTRL + INSERT.

Just a question about the mechanics of 2 options...the grow and shrink...is there no other way to do that except increment the value each direction? If so, would it be possible to have a reset to 1 button?

A suggestion I was thinking: Is possible to make something that allow you to freeze and unfreeze the Boss in the middle of an action (even in air)?
I'm also curious about this. Is it possible to implement a toggle to pause the game--freezing all moving players and objects--in order to line up a perfect screenshot? The functionality would be just like the "PlayersOnly" command in Mass Effect. This would be invaluable since we can now use free camera.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it looks like each of the super powers can enabled/disabled individually, including jump and sprint.

I should note that the one that is supposed to affect the "Shield" power does not seem to work, but there are two other functions that seem to get the job done.

The first parameter is a boolean that determines if the power will be enabled (true) or disabled (false)

examples of function calls:
Code:
player_super_attacks_enable( true, "sprint" )
player_super_attacks_enable( true, "Jump" )
player_super_attacks_enable(true, "stomp")
player_super_attacks_enable(true, "telekinesis")
player_super_attacks_enable(true, "freeze") -- freeze = blast
player_super_attacks_enable(true, "hadouken") -- hadouken = buff
player_super_attacks_enable( true, "Shield" ) -- not working

player_super_shield_enable()
player_super_shield_disable()

Last edited:
Another function I found, that I like a lot:

player_super_power_set_regen_scalar_buff()

This function is used in the tutorial training missions to buff your power regen rate (diminish cooldown times).

In those tutorial missions, they buff it with
player_super_power_set_regen_scalar_buff(4.0)
And at end of tutorial, they reset to normal with
player_super_power_set_regen_scalar_buff(1.0)

I have tried it with 20, and the regen is almost instant at that point. The aftercast delay of the power is longer than the cooldown delay at that point.

Has there been any news regarding that menu that could be used by sr3_city.lua mods? Has the patch been released already and I've missed it?

Has there been any news regarding that menu that could be used by sr3_city.lua mods? Has the patch been released already and I've missed it?

Not yet.

Back