Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

@Ryan_saint_2
@smashbro596
What about lots of martial arts with guns, swords, superpowers?

Xa9SewV.gif

That's what i loved about Saints 3 & 4 but they didn't fully deliver.
I wanted to go toe to toe with Brutes & Wardens, leaping off buildings, throwing superpowered heavy melee attacks.
Blocking & countering, punching & kicking enemies through walls, not just shooting & spamming long distant attacks but actually getting face-to-face & slugging it out martial arts/anime style.
martial arts in a saints row game? cool!
of course there has to be a balance between weapons, superpowers, and now martial arts.
we can take different melee styles like in sr2.
then level them up at a dojo. (the dojo would also be where you can customize melee attacks for different punches, kicks, and chops... maybe even a fireball.)
the martial art should be called "saints fu," and should be a customizable melee skill.

and the teacher should be voiced by none other than shaquil o'neal.
yes. shaq fu joke :v
saints row needs to escelate the customizability of your character to new heights.
i mean first we got clothes, now weapon skins, i think the next step would be customizable fighting styles :v

martial arts in a saints row game? cool!
of course there has to be a balance between weapons, superpowers, and now martial arts.
we can take different melee styles like in sr2.
then level them up at a dojo. (the dojo would also be where you can customize melee attacks for different punches, kicks, and chops... maybe even a fireball.)
the martial art should be called "saints fu," and should be a customizable melee skill.

and the teacher should be voiced by none other than shaquil o'neal.
yes. shaq fu joke :v
saints row needs to escelate the customizability of your character to new heights.
i mean first we got clothes, now weapon skins, i think the next step would be customizable fighting styles :v
I suppose you could have a sort of gym, or something in your crib or something by fight club where you could train. There was martial arts in sr2 (kinda), but I think training or doing fight club would improve your damage/stamina and unlock new awesome (running) attacks

I suppose you could have a sort of gym, or something in your crib or something by fight club where you could train. There was martial arts in sr2 (kinda), but I think training or doing fight club would improve your damage/stamina and unlock new awesome (running) attacks
nah a dojo would be funnier. just... did you even get the pun?
shaquil o neal teaching saints fu.
......as in, shaq fu?

The solution to make a game for both audiences is this: have a point in the early game where the player makes a choice. For example: Kinzie and asha etc think the saints should put their influence/power to better use, something about aliens etc; Gat and pierce etc think 'fuck that we're a gang' and once the player chooses who to side with, the story will change. If you choose Kinzie you will be able to get aliens and robots and superpowers through her missions or so, if you choose gat you get less supernaturally oriented missions and aliens go away.

That's just one idea but you could still get whatever else you want through cheats, mods and optional upgrades, only there would be more emphasis on the different types by the story. This also adds to replayabililty

The solution to make a game for both audiences is this: have a point in the early game where the player makes a choice. For example: Kinzie and asha etc think the saints should put their influence/power to better use, something about aliens etc; Gat and pierce etc think 'fuck that we're a gang' and once the player chooses who to side with, the story will change. If you choose Kinzie you will be able to get aliens and robots and superpowers through her missions or so, if you choose gat you get less supernaturally oriented missions and aliens go away.

That's just one idea but you could still get whatever else you want through cheats, mods and optional upgrades, only there would be more emphasis on the different types by the story. This also adds to replayabililty

Also I hope the next game, if it does use superpowers, properly designs the map around them, not having ridiculous powers like the ability to run up walls (as the first power) but building up in a sensible way, and if you're going to have superpowers, you might as well add jetpacks and laser eyes and grappling hooks and invisibility. Players should have to design their character around their power and it shouldn't be that easy to just switch powers on the fly.

Also try to put a bit more effort into diversions, don't just put a bunch of 'coloured energy things' in a path and call it a race, also try to make the story coherent, try not to make vehicles unnecessary, try not to get rid of every good aspect of the previous game and try not to make a DLC and accidentally sell it as a full game for a quick cash grab.

Also I hope the next game, if it does use superpowers, properly designs the map around them, not having ridiculous powers like the ability to run up walls (as the first power) but building up in a sensible way, and if you're going to have superpowers, you might as well add jetpacks and laser eyes and grappling hooks and invisibility. Players should have to design their character around their power and it shouldn't be that easy to just switch powers on the fly.

Also try to put a bit more effort into diversions, don't just put a bunch of 'coloured energy things' in a path and call it a race, also try to make the story coherent, try not to make vehicles unnecessary, try not to get rid of every good aspect of the previous game and try not to make a DLC and accidentally sell it as a full game for a quick cash grab.
if we're gonna do another sr game with superpowers PERIOD it can't simply recycle steelport. steelport isnt that interesting of a city. recycling it a third time would be bad... no matter how many funky alien lights it has. no.... it HAS to be an original city with superpowers in mind. i wouldn't mind running on walls, or having the amount of powers given in sr4, but there HAS to be a lot of verticality to the city design. give us tall buildings and crowded streets! give us control of when we use our powers or not! when we have interiors THAT would be a good time to disable movement superpowers and such...

....things like that.
and come now, sr4 in and of itself is too awesome for a mere expansion. i mean, it feels a lot more meaty than a simple expansion. and i'm glad eod just kept getting bigger to the final product.

Well before I get to what I want for Saints Row V i have to talk about Agents of Mayhem. Agents of Mayhem is actually more connected to Saints Row more thanc people think. In a way(not completely) but in a way it is a direct sequel to Gat out of hell. At the ending where you retcon the lore and get earth back, Matt Miller and Kinzie are in an interrogation room and they are in some time of federal task force or something. The person they Caught is Persephone Brimstone. (They say her name and they say her as in a female) Then they say there going to tell the lieutenant or something like that and Gat is the lieutenant. We then see him walking down the hallway. We now know Brimstone is the leader of the Agents and Gat has met most or some of the agents and he met some of the saints. Source for Youtube video(
) Also Oleg and Pierce are in Agents of Mayhem. Oleg is Yetti and Pierce is Kingpin which is said in the volition livestream Welcome Back,Agents.(
) they literally say it.(at 7:30ish) The agents are sporting purple and the saints symbol which everyone knows refers to the saints gang and the tagline for agents of mayhem is bad vs evil. It is still unclear where the boss ties in to this.

Anyway I what want in Saints Row V or 6( or the next Agents Game if they stick with the agents name)is a new city because steelport is getting old . We will probably have that problem fixed since the saints/agents are located in a new city. I also want to see how Johnny Gat and The Boss tie in to the new earth. I'm almost certain Gat remembers the old timeline and that he remembers the Boss since he is contact with a bunch of saints like Kinzie,Miller,Oleg and Pierce. I also want to see a return of Shaundi,Ben and King and the Boss of course. I think Gat may be Brimstone's higher up since he recruited her( presumably). I also want to know WHERE THE HELL IS THE BOSS. It has been in shown since saints row 2 and clearly stated in 4 that Gat and the Boss are best friends. I'm sure the boss has something to do with the saints. I also want the super powers ( since I know they're probably not gonna return to realistic gameplay) to not be overpowered and actually require the use of vehicles. Now I think that maybe, just maybe the Boss can be the president AOM and so in Saints Row V his presidential cabinet is the same with him/her Ben,Kinzie,Shaundi,Miller,Asha and Keith. Or maybe in Saints Row V they can be part of the Agents themselves which could be super cool in my opinion since they would be reunited with all the saints.Also Gat is a must have(come on the Gat is the most badass character the boss is like right underneath Gat's level of badassery). Also Volition's youtube channel is awesome it is not afraid to play with mods for THEIR OWN GAMES ! also IdleNinja is in their company and in the videos why wouldn't you watch them.!

Nordlys said:
I want to see the boss suffer more. Having that kind of pain that he must overcome alone.
In SR series few things made him suffer (usually they were all related with death - it gets repetitive).
I want to see something related to his past, his parents, his childhood best friend, his favourite pet, something like that. Or even he facing something horrorifing (the '50's reality was fun to play, but I didn't perceive much fear from the Boss).
The Boss must overcome his fear in real life, not through dreams.

And i want to see him in danger. many near death experience, fighting while hurt and bleeding (and I want to see actual wounds and bruises that heal slowly, like in wrestling games), or on Nordic mountain, where is cold, and for some reason he isn't wearing much. Fighting against enemies trapped underwater.
He should love somebody (A member of saints of choice of the player, it would be nice). I want something that helps to fell more connected with our player character.

It would be nice if you can also create at least one or two custom characters, that will be members of the saints and will follow you (for example, in Skyrim there are several followers, but I favour greatly those followers that are created by me).

And yes, more realistic hair and beard.

True that I want it to be a challenge of the boss and have him either get together with shaundi,kinzie,viola,asha if he is a boy or johnny gat, pierce,ben,matt etc or to be able to make your character gay.( I don't think they would want to exclude the homosexual audience) But I also want to be able to rely on his friends namely JOHNNY GAT (FUCK YEAH) especially if he is injured. What I mean about this is like that scene in Daredevil Season 2 where daredevil and punisher fight there way out of a building. I want Gat and the boss to do that it would be so badass. I want him at the end of the game to be closer to his crew. Also it has to be after Agents of Mayhem skip to page 17 to see what else I want.

Last edited:
I disagree on "when we have interiors THAT would be a good time to disable movement superpowers and such"

I think if there's going to be superpowers then they should just go all in. Don't put forth half an effort.
Volition should do either & stop trying to please both at once.

Either say we're rebooting & going back to a grounded powerless gameplay type.

Or

Volition should say we're going with superpowers & moving further away from the grounded powerless Saints gamers knew which ended at Saints 2 & we're done with that, this is a direction we're going.

Or End Saints Row altogether.

I mean i totally & completely want superpowers but i'm also sick of people whining about this isn't what the Saints were suppose to be, while at the same time yelling IT's the developer's decision & Volition can do whatever they want with it.

Some either way i don't care.
If there's a Saints 5 & it goes superpowers or sci-fi then i'm there.
If not then character creation would be its only selling point for me otherwise i'll look elsewhere for a game that fits what i'm looking for.

No biggie either way.

2. I agree with the different city thing but my question is why was reusing SteelPort so bad for Saints IV ?
Didn't Saints 2 reuse Stilwater just upgraded it.

the problem with re-using steelport vs re-using stillwater is that stillwater is an infinitely more interesting city than steelport ever was.
steelport just doesn't have the amount of detail sr2 stillwater had. the one thing that keeps me coming back to sr2 is the more interesting city. i mean, there were LOADS of hidden areas in sr2. remember stillwater caves? or the mall? or the prison island? or the hidden sex dungeon underneath the graveyard?
the biggest edge sr2 has over sr4 is that the setpieces used for missions USUALLY are accessible in the open world itself. sr4s simulations felt very segmented off and self-contained.
granted, sr2s character models are butt-ugly with a lot of player expressions falling squarely into uncanny valley terratory.
my point is. the new city in sr5 HAS to be more detailed than steelport was in sr3 and sr4. steelport in sr4 was just essentially a lazy port from sr3 but with a zin-ish asthetic. compared to sr2s version of stillwater which was completely revamped. and this is the only major complaint i have from 4.

give me malls, bars, cemetaries, caves, hideouts, etc. just make the next city feel more ALIVE than steelport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back