Saints Row 4 Trailer - Meet the President

I was on that same 3.5 hate train before actually getting the chance to sit down and play it. After spending about 25hrs with the game I can straight up tell you that it is a full fledged sequel with a meaty single player campaign and a ton of extra open world and side stuff. It doesn't feel like dlc or a cash grab at all.
That's what I like to hear!

I'd love to hear more, but Volition/Deep Silver seems to be dragging their heels with approving your article :\

I was on that same 3.5 hate train before actually getting the chance to sit down and play it. After spending about 25hrs with the game I can straight up tell you that it is a full fledged sequel with a meaty single player campaign and a ton of extra open world and side stuff. It doesn't feel like dlc or a cash grab at all.
Wait, wait, wait...

Twenty Five or Two point Five?

If 25.. Holy crap...

Any idea when they're gonna let you post your preview? Alot of us are eagerly awaiting it.

Wait, wait, wait...

Twenty Five or Two point Five?

If 25.. Holy crap...

Any idea when they're gonna let you post your preview? Alot of us are eagerly awaiting it.

Twenty Five. and I had to force myself to stop fucking around in the open world and actually finish the story before I had to leave. I made the most of my three days there. :D

I keep asking. They keep being extremely busy. Early on in the convo, Steve Jaros mentioned some kind of concern about "scooping the gaming press" so it may have to wait until after E3? Maybe? Mostly speculation on my part though.

I really hope that doesn't end up being the case. I hate the gaming press enough as is, so the thought of them being behind the article's delay is really annoying.

To be fair, I don't think they're doing a good job with the trailers, I know the game is cuhrayzee and all, but I feel they're promoting it with in a cringy way, I mean with the dubstep and all. But yeah, loud internet minorities being loud, hopefully the hate won't be reflected in their sales (as long as the game is as good as Idol says it is, I guess)

That's what I like to hear!

I'd love to hear more, but Volition/Deep Silver seems to be dragging their heels with approving your article :\

Agreed, I'm so stoked about reading that article, and it's taking forever!

I just posted my pre-LA document on my site. It detailed all the stuff I wanted to check in-game and also discuss directly with Volition. It may be an interesting glimpse into my negative attitude going in compared with how I feel now. Or, it could be a bunch of boring-ass bullshit. You decide! Link in my sig.

some impressions on the trailer from IGN

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/07/saints-row-iv-rewind-theater

one thing I find interesting is that those plus sign collectibles mentioned in the previous topic are, according to one of the guys, for health regeneration, so auto-regenerating health may be gone? That or he's ass-pulling. Also the slower speed allowed me to notice that telekinesis can be used on the fly while holding a weapon (suggesting that it's mapped to a different button besides R trigger), but Boss puts the rocket launcher like weapon he's holding away while using TK, so you likely can't use both at one like in Psi-Ops. You can move while TKing, though, so that's good!

They get some stuff right and some stuff wrong. ;)

....Wait a second, maybe it's just me, but I noticed something interesting. When the protagonist uses telekinesis on the female 3 times, I realized...That's not a civilian. That's a co-op partner. Or else I've never seen that type of civilian before. If so, does that mean you can pick up your buddy whenever you want? Seems like that'd be possible

o_O Did you read comments on YouTube? So much hate...

If negativity and hate were removed from the internet, youtube, facebook, most message boards, and other sites would become graveyards.

Take Ride To Hell: Retribution for example, there's more hate than love.

http://www.destructoid.com/i-got-a-bad-feeling-about-ride-to-hell-retribution-252013.phtml

I watched the trailer and I see a game that has the potential to be a lot of fun if it isn't buggy as hell and a ctd nightmare. But others are whining that the graphics are outdated, that the voice acting sucks, that the stripper is silly, and the best complaint is that its being released out of the blue. I actually prefer when game publishers hold off announcing a game is coming out until it's close to being ready to come out. I always found it annoying when pubs would announce a new game, like Rockstar did with GTA V, then go on about how it would be out in six or eight months. I don't have the patience for that type of marketing, and I also feel it opens the door to hype and for expectations to get out of control. But going back to Ride to Hell, if it is a buggy mess then I'll rip on it but if its a stable game and it's as raunchy and as loyal to the outlaw biker thing as Deep Silver says it is, it will make Lost and Damned look like a kiddie game.

Back