Saints Row 4 Trailer - Meet the President

I was hoping for more than this, but I'll take it! Game looks spectacular, I don't even mind the dubstep (although you'd think they would've shown off the dubstep gun in this)

1AW3nDc.png

Ben King?

BKVK.png

That's only the tip of the iceberg. I told you guys there was a ton of awesome fanservice for fans of the first two games. :D

I think this is the first time I'll be pre-ordering a game.

SR3 is still one of my favorite games because it just plays into so many things I get a kick out of. It mocks the reality tv/fame nonsense better than Scream 4, and I can't stand all of those reality tv whores, and it pays homage to pop culture of the 80's and 90's, and I loved the 80's and 90's. But if SR4 is as stable as SR3, it has a good chance of knocking SR3 off of its throne. Because while I like the humor in SR3, I love political satire even more. One of my favorite shows is Real Time with Bill Maher because he just pokes fun at pseudo patriotic nonsense and judging by the pre-order bonus and the trailers, SR4 does the same.

As for SR4 doing fan service to those who like the first two games, I hope that just means its bringing backing a few characters and has better interior locations than SR3. I didn't really care for the street gang theme in SR2 but one thing SR3 lacked were the cool interior locations SR2 had, and the ability to get stoned or drunk.

Youtube, Facebook, even NeoGAF is pretty pessimistic about this whole thing. I've read enough SR3.5 posts to last me a lifetime.

I was on that same 3.5 hate train before actually getting the chance to sit down and play it. After spending about 25hrs with the game I can straight up tell you that it is a full fledged sequel with a meaty single player campaign and a ton of extra open world and side stuff. It doesn't feel like dlc or a cash grab at all.

Back