Hi, what this data means? I was thinking that some rotation parameter but it also change the scale of the object.
XML:
                    <orientation>
                      <x>0,001</x>
                      <y>0,929238617420197</y>
                      <z>0</z>
                      <w>0,369480282068253</w>
                    </orientation>
This represents a quaternion.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha! Who thought this stuff would actually be useful? o_O
Yeah, you need it to rotate object in the game where programmers choose fast code, not usability :D
Okay Google say me that w = cos(rotation angle /2) and x, y, z =rotation vector*sin(rotation angle /2) but what units used here? I saw some value around 9, so xsqr+ysqr+zsqr+wsqr isn't = 1

Last edited:
Yeah, you need it to rotate object in the game where programmers choose fast code, not usability :D
Okay Google say me that w = cos(rotation angle /2) and x, y, z =rotation vector*sin(rotation angle /2) but what units used here? I saw some value around 9, so xsqr+ysqr+zsqr+wsqr isn't = 1
Radians? I know Volition uses some strange non-standard units for rotation sometimes.

Radians? I know Volition uses some strange non-standard units for rotation sometimes.
Yeah this should be radians. Jeez, when you rotating objects in Saints row.

But looks like it works, I found that original angle was 136 degrees and replace it with 30. But this thing should be automated
20180523074659_1.jpg

Last edited:
If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I stopped working on the zone file tools because nobody seemed to be using them (except myself, for my own mods). I was frustrated that I couldn't add or delete items without crashing the game. Knobby was helping me, but he was very busy and now he's no-longer at Volition. :(

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I stopped working on the zone file tools because nobody seemed to be using them (except myself, for my own mods). I was frustrated that I couldn't add or delete items without crashing the game. Knobby was helping me, but he was very busy and now he's no-longer at Volition. :(
This is very sad:(. This tool has potential to be level editor but without Volition help it hardly possible

Back