Saints Row 3\4\Remastered mesh import addon for Blender

Wrote a new plugin for importing models. I only really messed around with customization items, so i don't even know if the script would work with any other types of models, maybe not. Imports mesh, rig and morphs. I made sure that dimensions of the model and armature match the template from SDK, so you should be able to just import the item, make edits. export it as .fbx with custom properties and crunch it using SDK without any additional hassle. It doesn't import materials though.

I tested it on a bunch of models and it worked ok for me, but i'm not much of a programmer, so issues are to be expected. If it throws exceptions for you, or messes up the model somehow, post the name of the custmesh-xxx.str2_pc file that contains it, and i'll see if i can fix the problem.

Credit goes to Yepoleb , for that's where i looked up most of the .ccmesh file structure.

Update 1: Fixed a bunch of issues.
Update 2: A couple of small improvements.
Update 3: Added a function to import NPC head morphs.
Update 4: Fixed an issue with the way i was importing UVs.
Update 5: Now supports SR3 Remastered models, and fixed some issues.
Update 6: The script will now attempt to load the meshes even if the rig is missing.
Update 7: Fixed an issue where vertices on some meshes would get weighted to wrong bones.

Attachments

• io_import_ccmesh.zip
    612.4 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
A better choice compared to need it 3D Max 2010, thanks.

This can be using for actual 3D modding if I am correct, right? I sadly don't use Blender and mostly use 3D Max 2022. Could be an issue if I do everything as rigging and Morph on Max, export it as .fbx and import it to the SDK tool or it will required do everything on Blender?

Could be an issue if I do everything as rigging and Morph on Max, export it as .fbx and import it to the SDK tool or it will required do everything on Blender?
I don't know, i never used any recent versions of Max. If you are able to use it for making mods at all, then i'd imagine that you can use Blender to import a model from a .ccmesh file, export it from Blender as .fbx, and then import this .fbx into Max to do your thing. It is Autodesk's program after all, i'm sure it reads\writes .fbx files properly.

I don't know, i never used any recent versions of Max. If you are able to use it for making mods at all, then i'd imagine that you can use Blender to import a model from a .ccmesh file, export it from Blender as .fbx, and then import this .fbx into Max to do your thing. It is Autodesk's program after all, i'm sure it reads\writes .fbx files properly.
Ok that sounds so cool. Specially because I remember back in 2019 where you need it 3D Max 2010 & Maya to make anything 3D relative to the game and even then with some limitations. Unless you still need Maya for the game or it was changed on the past years.

Back