Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

Nah its still being worked on. Reboot is just a priority because its the one that actually makes them profit

Sure, i heard that before in other projects, only to be silently abandoned. Two options here, A: either Saints Row reboot fails and Volition goes out of business and this projects gets cancelled or B: Saints Row Reboot is successful, making Volition start working on DLC's or a sequel... and this will keep getting pushed back.

There were like 3 peple working on this with Mike doing most of the work. People get busy or real life issues. It's been like 3 years since this was announced, and still no news even after Mike passing away. It was a nice gesture from all involved, specially Mike. But i don't see this happenning anymore without him. So keep your expectations very low, so when bad news happen you don't end up with a broken heart.

Last edited:
Option B is happening anyway
There were like 3 peple working on this with Mike doing most of the work
Most of the work was being done by minimaul actually. Mike was only the project manager, he didn't do the actual work, his job was to make sure people doing the work had everything they needed to get the job done.
But i don't see this happenning anymore without Mike
They promised Mike they'll deliver the patch for him. He was well beloved by the staff at DS Volition, they would do anything to make him proud, and release the patch in his memory. This project was Mike's swan song, and you don't scrap a swan song like that. The only thing that might stop them from finishing it is if the studio went under, but that's honestly unlikely considering they have like 3 parents companies and are Deep Silver's 2nd biggest studio.
The point is, studios are really stressed months before release of their big games and they don't have as much of time to focus on SR2 patch as they will in a few months when SRR is out the door. After all, they struggled to release reboot for February and were forced to delay the game. I imagine everyone is busy making sure they don't delay it again right now

August still a long way to go since you to face April,May,June,July.. we just need Patience for awhile... Just hope after SRR released they have time to continued working on the patch.. some users still whining about the crash they got in some mission even using GotR sometimes.. hope good news about SR2 patch has been talking about again is coming sooner or later.

Nah its still being worked on. Reboot is just a priority because its the one that actually makes them profit
You're putting a lot of faith on something that is being volunteered. But it is what it is. The more time passes the less info we get, it spells bad news in that regard. Personally, i'm considering the Mega Patch dead/cancelled. But if it ever gets released i will be the first to try it out.

Regarding the reboot i don't know much about, since i'm mildly interested. But i have a feeling it might get delayed again.

If they delayed again... Some players will mad and they will lose a lot money from the player angry and asking for refund.. and if this game just get delayed again like CDPR games i'm afraid The nerd called SR clips will laugh seeing this lol this kids be friend with Aron prod always making drama.
You're putting a lot of faith on something that is being volunteered. But it is what it is. The more time passes the less info we get, it spells bad news in that regard. Personally, i'm considering the Mega Patch dead/cancelled. But if it ever gets released i will be the first to try it out.

Regarding the reboot i don't know much about, since i'm mildly interested. But i have a feeling it might get delayed again.

I m believing that we will get this patch no matter what. This is why i m not concerned about it that much. I just want it fast because just like you said before we waited for 3 years. Even this time and developers working for free with their own time shows how much they care about the old games and fans. And also this is why option a probbly going to happen after the release. But even if they go bankrupt this is going to happen because these guys making this free.
For salute Mike last wish.. of course they need fo finish his Project.. because he was the reason too SR community still alive and We will not getting GotR without him or even wearing hat without hair restriction is the best mods GotR offer to us.

Well, nobody answered in my topic about problems with game... So I can only wait for this patch, not like it looks - that they 100% focus on SRR, and give nothing information about SR2.

Little rant - goddamn, do pc players have to wait for 20th Anniversary of SR, to be ported on Microsoft Windows?

It's been just over 2 and a half years.
honestly that's still quite a long time for something that keeps being referred to as a "patch" made in-house, though... sure the company's been very busy but it does not seem like anyone working there other than Watson ever truly cared about this, judging from what i've seen and read. i think it's weird because even beside the fact that it's being finished in Watson's memory, for all the company's talk about the "love" they have for the "sr community" they still drag their feet about something that they have to know is extremely important to the really embittered part of the fandom. it's like an almost instant "regain og sr fan goodwill" button, great for PR if nothing else, but instead the employees in charge have to work on it on their free time like it's some kind of a fan project and not one of their most beloved games they're fixing

like i am very grateful we're getting the rerelease at all and i'd wait a decade if it genuinely took that long, but i also think it's a little sad Volition as a company seems to have no actual enthusiasm for their previous work whatsoever

Back