Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third on GOG

What are the odds of those improvements coming to the Steam version?

The odds aren't good. Things are still unclear as to what exactly happened with any fixes to the GOG version. As far as everyone here knew, we just gave them a build with Steam stripped out out of it. If they have done any extra tweaks or fixes, it's pretty unlikely that we would update the Steam version, assuming they would even give them to us to use.

Having said that, I am going to discuss it with our digital guys and see if it is an option.

What are the odds of those improvements coming to the Steam version?
Unlikely. Frankly, I played it and there seems to be some sort of attempt at a 30 fps frame rate lock which in itself doesn't quite work properly (lots of low frame rates AND screen tearing simultaneously).
Edit: ninja'd.

1. î think they really cheat people.... i mean we paid for the STEAM version, yes many knew the risks sadly but now there is a gog.com version and seems that people have to buy the game again, total rip off even it's 4 bucks atm.

2. i played half through the game on steam with ONLY patching (vanilla patching) from Gentlemen patch, is it maybe nearly the same experience as on gog.com version? what might be different?

3. is the Gentlemen modding/tools compatible iwth the gog.com version?

1. î think they really cheat people.... i mean we paid for the STEAM version, yes many knew the risks sadly but now there is a gog.com version and seems that people have to buy the game again, total rip off even it's 4 bucks atm.

2. i played half through the game on steam with ONLY patching (vanilla patching) from Gentlemen patch, is it maybe nearly the same experience as on gog.com version? what might be different?

3. is the Gentlemen modding/tools compatible iwth the gog.com version?
There is no reason as far as I can tell that modding would work any differently in this version.

I can confirm that they're using an Nvidia Inspector profile to cap the game at 30 fps. I don't know why they felt that was necessary (maybe because somebody erroneously thought that capping framerate fixed the cutscene bug?)
Personal experience, it fixes it for everyone I've ever helped who had that bug.

http://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_the_third_the_full_package
http://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_2

Stuff you should know:
  • 100% DRM FREE
  • Only LAN options work. There is no Steam integration or community integration of any kind.
  • The modding tools that look for specific registry entries may not work. I'm getting Minimaul codes to test with.
  • Asking "Do you own on Steam?" to help troubleshoot these titles or filter users no longer applies

Question: in SRTT, in-game chat was handled through the Steam client (pressing T would bring up the Steam chat window). How does it work in this version? Is there just no chat?

Question the second: Will the GOG versions of both games work via LAN with the Steam versions?

Last edited:
Back