Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third on GOG

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
That's great news!
Do you know if it will be possible to install both the Steam version and the GOG version on the same Windows PC without them interfering with one another? I know they will be installed in different directories, but I'm not sure if they'll have registry entries that could interfere with each other. I would want to install both versions to test mods for both, because I assume some packages will change (i.e. some ".asm" files will need rebuilding). Thanks!

I'm curious about this "review" on the SR2 page: "The game actually works now people. You don't need to copy paste your steam review here. The issues have been fixed." Since GOG is part of CD Projekt and a division of CD Projekt are the ones who ported SR2, if I recall correctly, did they actually take the time and money to fix it just so they could release it on their site or what?

They also have a thread going about it, here.

Last edited:
And when they start rolling out updates, we'll have to ask which GOG version, since they are introducing a rollback feature in GOG Galaxy (which I really wish Steam had).
It seems like there won't be any updates for SR:TT though.

Since it's only $4 I'll be picking it up to see if there are actually any improvements. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

EDIT: Also, SRTT may not work online from GoG through the Steam system, it might work through GoG Galaxy and possibly even their Crossplay system (which allows you to play with Steamworks players)

EDIT2: Galaxy's compression isn't quite as good - it's a nice 13gb download for Sr2.

Last edited:
Since it's only $4 I'll be picking it up to see if there are actually any improvements. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

EDIT: Also, SRTT may not work online from GoG through the Steam system, it might work through GoG Galaxy and possibly even their Crossplay system (which allows you to play with Steamworks players)

EDIT2: Galaxy's compression isn't quite as good - it's a nice 13gb download for Sr2.

My understanding is that all Steam features are disabled in the GOG build. It should be LAN only.

Back