Rockstar and Take-Two fight against modders (locking Online content in the singleplayer)

I'm glad Volition isn't that way. Volition and Deep Silver love their fans and stand behind their fans unlike Rockstar!
Well, I could mention tons of shitty DLCs for The Third (especially paid cheats for both The Third and IV) but they're doing some truly awesome work on the modding patch and the SDK so I think I can close my eyes to all those. Volition at least cares about content creators who keep the series alive and that's a beautiful thing. :)

Look at those fucking masterminds, don't you tell me this is some kind of mistake or bug.
Bet it took R* weeks or months to come up with DLC vehicles deletion script. Inb4 modders manage to kill car deletion script in less than a day. Kudos to them!

Bet it took R* weeks or months to come up with DLC vehicles deletion script. Inb4 modders manage to kill car deletion script in less than a day. Kudos to them!
But for real, is it just because of those motherfucking Shark credit cards? How desperate are they to squeeze those few extra bucks? o_O
I'm afraid they'll put better protection systems for next DLCs... Eh, it's so damn stupid.

But for real, is it just because of those motherfucking Shark credit cards? How desperate are they to squeeze those few extra bucks? o_O
I'm afraid they'll put better protection systems for next DLCs... Eh, it's so damn stupid.
Shark cards most likely.
They've been doing the whole "Online only items" thing since the first Lowriders DLC came out in October 20th (except they released a few guns for SP). Next updates were strictly for Online.

I don't say R* are not guilty, but it's mostly the publisher (Take-Two) who probably wanted GTA:MP shutdown and all in-game items being exclusive for Online. Hell, R* even stated that modding Singleplayer (as in doing everything you want to Singleplayer), but here we go - you can't access new DLC content unless certain files have been modded.

It is stupid indeed, but hey, who doesn't want money these days? Pretty sure R* and Take-Two do - otherwise this wouldn't have happened.

It is stupid indeed, but hey, who doesn't want money these days? Pretty sure R* and Take-Two do - otherwise this wouldn't have happened.
Problem is that their actions can't be justified. If the game was F2P? -- okay. I would've looked away. But don't forget that, to play both singleplayer and online, you need to pay at least 60$ until the price drops or the game lands on a big sale.
They've already made their profit looking at how many people bought the game in total, so with these terrible actions in V, they better make VI live up to the expectations (including graphics, unlike V). Though... we all know that's not going to happen.

F them.

Personally, GTA series has been fun and worth buying only because of the anime mods. Since SR3 allows for customization, protagonist can be female, and an anime female (Revy) without modding at that. Not going to mention the specific GTA mods but they were great.

One of the reason Steam and HL became as huge as it is, was because of the mod community, which gave back the community with at least half a dozen total conversions, that went on to become pretty huge, and started the whole "realistic FPS" genre. Not to mention modders also gave us +2x or +3x more maps, as well as skin mods for characters, cars, guns, background, etc.

So Rockstar and Take2 can do their thing, was going to repurchase their older GTAs for steam, since like a tons of other games, don't have them on Steam, but with this news, who knows if all that hard earned cash will be wasted if they put a perm ban on skin modders. Guess SR3 will be the only go to game for open world sandbox of this genre. Thanks Rockstar for the ingame mock "junk anime", know how you feel about anime mods because of it, still thanks for creating that anime, now F off just like you wanted us anime modding fan to do.

If it was just MP, it would definitely be more than within reasons, but they are also going after the SP too. Have to give them credit too, they are giving us FREE components from F2P model for a P2P game, so nice about the FREE added features that one have to P2P again and again.

P.S. SR3 have hidden items map indicator, so it was much faster to get the 100%, without the need of repeated alt-tab checking with online info sites.

Last edited:
Back