Retexturing Saints Row IV, For Dummies

I'm having a little trouble with transparency. I had the alpha channel and everything, and it all looked okay, I saved it as DXT5 and everything. But then when I try it in-game, any texture I edited is just white.
Some items just not support alpha and transparency.

Followed your tutorial, with great results. Really easy to follow and I had no problems, everything worked first time.

One thing I would like to point out is the following quote:
Make sure you have "Update asm_pc?" checked off. Browse for and select the "Customize_Item.asm_pc" file that you copied into your Saints Row IV folder. This will ensure that the asm_pc file is updated as you repack your STR2_PC file.

You say "Make sure it's checked off", but I wasn't sure it you meant checked, or unchecked until I read the paragraph a few times (slow thinking due to night shift), so at a glance it's a bit misleading. Maybe change it to "Make sure you have "Update asm_pc?" checked".

Anyway, here's the result after editing the Zero Saints Thirty outfit texture file and normal map, after unpacking then re-packing by following your tutorial.
zerosaints30.png

What if you can't use any of the CMD applications? They always close immediately for me(almost any kind of CMD prompt will do that on my pc)
Though I might be a "bit" too late on this, I'll reply anyway (for those who might be walking in the same shoes). I've used to have the same problem until I found the perfect (and most confortable) solution.
Here it is:
  1. Make a shortcut of the CMD file that you really want to run, someplace you'll easily find it.
  2. Right-click on that shortcut and then select Properties.
  3. Type the following before the text already nestled in the Target field: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k
  4. Make sure there's a space between the already existing text and the newly added one.
  5. Click OK and see if the DOS window still disappears the moment it pops up.
  6. If the answer is no, then you're done. Enjoy!
  7. If the answer is yes... well I don't have any other solution for this matter.

Though I might be a "bit" too late on this, I'll reply anyway (for those who might be walking in the same shoes). I've used to have the same problem until I found the perfect (and most confortable) solution.
Here it is:
  1. Make a shortcut of the CMD file that you really want to run, someplace you'll easily find it.
  2. Right-click on that shortcut and then select Properties.
  3. Type the following before the text already nestled in the Target field: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k
  4. Make sure there's a space between the already existing text and the newly added one.
  5. Click OK and see if the DOS window still disappears the moment it pops up.
  6. If the answer is no, then you're done. Enjoy!
  7. If the answer is yes... well I don't have any other solution for this matter.
or you could just type the name of the exe then the file name followed by pause on the next line then save it as a batch file its what iv started doing for working with textures as after while you end up with to many files to be dragging files around
the cmd window will auto close after its finished the set task thats why you need pause on the last line

or just press the windows start button on your keyboard typ 'cmd' hit enter then that will open command prompt just drag your exe into ther hit enter it will tell you the command line arguments of that tool so you can check that your using them correctly :D

or you could just type the name of the exe then the file name followed by pause on the next line then save it as a batch file its what iv started doing for working with textures as after while you end up with to many files to be dragging files around
the cmd window will auto close after its finished the set task thats why you need pause on the last line

or just press the windows start button on your keyboard typ 'cmd' hit enter then that will open command prompt just drag your exe into ther hit enter it will tell you the command line arguments of that tool so you can check that your using them correctly :D
Those are really nice too. But I still think mine is a bit easier. Maybe. Guess it depends on which one you prefer, actually.
imotion27_display.gif

Those are really nice too. But I still think mine is a bit easier. Maybe. Guess it depends on which one you prefer, actually.
imotion27_display.gif
your right it is down to what ever the person finds best for them but I would not say yours is easyr

one of the steps you just drag and drop dont get much easyr than that :')

either way the person has a few things they can try hopefully at least one of them will work for them and problem solved ;D

your right it is down to what ever the person finds best for them but I would not say yours is easyr

one of the steps you just drag and drop dont get much easyr than that :')

either way the person has a few things they can try hopefully at least one of them will work for them and problem solved ;D
Mine is copy/pasta, one of yours is drag and drop. Both are easy (but you're right, yours easier). :D

And true, hope we were of some help.
imotion27_display.gif
imotion27_display.gif
imotion27_display.gif

Back