Random Encounters Mod [with STAG,SWAT,old gangs and more]

Questions:
  • Do enemies spawned by other mods count as kills for the purposes of the cash reward system? I'm asking because I'm using this with the NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod and that mod spawns gang members and other NPCs that join in attacking me when I get a random encounter caused by this mod.
  • As per my post above, I have merged this mod's character.xtbl file with NPC BSM's. However, notoriety_spawn.xtbl seems to be a lot harder to merge (lots of differences between the two files). If I decide to go with NPC BSM's notoriety_spawn.xtbl instead, what will I miss from this mod? Will I miss specific NPCs/vehicles spawned by this mod's random encounters?
  • I went over NPC BSM v.15's and this mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl and from comparing them through WinMerge, it seems to me that these are the lines that the Random Encounters Mod adds (not including the differences - as there are too many). Is it 'safe' if I merge these to NPC BSM's notoriety_spawn.xtbl? Am I missing some lines?

Those are the following notoriety tables that have been edited inside notoriey_spawn.xtbl:

pre_m14,mayhem cops,survival cops,m14 Clone Army,mascots,weaker mayhem cops,
survival_12_grunts,survival genkibike,survival_glitched,survival_4_grunts_bubbles,
survival_mascots,survival_bikers,survival_strippers

And 2 new tables that have been added near the end of the file:
swat_shit and stag_shit.

Make sure you don't delete anything from Random Encounters Mod and add the changes from NPC BSM.

Feature requests:
  • Cash reward for random encounters with powers disabled should probably be higher than with powers enabled. I'm thinking it's better this way as it's harder to kill people with your powers disabled.
  • The overpowered vehicle restriction timer should probably be made a bit longer. Sometimes I would accidentally enter a tank brought by a random encounter, and if I want to cancel this, I would have to wait until the animation where the player enters the tank is finished. And by the time the animation is finished, the timer has already finished, making me unable to leave the vehicle before the timer runs out.

I was in the middle of an 'Initialize virus injection' mission for Ben King (Ghost Writing), when a random encounter happened. Random encounters shouldn't activate while in the middle of a mission. I'm using the current version of this mod (v3.2).

Last edited:
Feature requests:
  • Cash reward for random encounters with powers disabled should probably be higher than with powers enabled. I'm thinking it's better this way as it's harder to kill people with your powers disabled.
  • The overpowered vehicle restriction timer should probably be made a bit longer. Sometimes I would accidentally enter a tank brought by a random encounter, and if I want to cancel this, I would have to wait until the animation where the player enters the tank is finished. And by the time the animation is finished, the timer has already finished, making me unable to leave the vehicle before the timer runs out.

I was in the middle of an 'Initialize virus injection' mission for Ben King (Ghost Writing), when a random encounter happened. Random encounters shouldn't activate while in the middle of a mission. I'm using the current version of this mod (v3.2).

1.The thing about the cash is something I've been thinking for a long time and should be available in the next version

2.I don't know why the animation doesn't stop for you,when I accidentally press USE key I can simply cancel the animation by simply pressing USE key again...

3.That bug can't be fixed...for now(I think?).Virus injections(old SRTT survival instances too) are hardcoded and that means I can't create any script to change its behavior in any way.

Wait when my notoritey come on nothing come up besides the zinyak soilders? i putted in the lua file, nortoritet spawn and character?

Wait when my notoritey come on nothing come up besides the zinyak soilders? i putted in the lua file, nortoritet spawn and character?
This mod doesn't change notoriety spawns.It just makes random waves of different types of enemies come up after you,at random time intervals,only if your notoriety is level 1 or lower.

Does this mod add random encounters where helicopters will attack you (shooting RPGs and bullets using helicopter weapons)? (Not enemies that drop from helicopters.) If not, I'm requesting that this be added. Fighter helicopters is fun.

Does this mod add random encounters where helicopters will attack you (shooting RPGs and bullets using helicopter weapons)? (Not enemies that drop from helicopters.) If not, I'm requesting that this be added. Fighter helicopters is fun.

I haven't worked on this mod for a long time.I will consider your requests when I start working on it again.

thank you!
cool-helicopters-wallpaper.jpg

Back