Past Gangs Spawning Mod

On a secondary note, one behaviour I found a little strange going from previous titles, I noticed shooting a cop or pedestrian also aggravates any 'gang' members within an area / line of sight, its like pedestrians, gangs and police all share the same notoriety gauge. I'm guessing this is because cops and aliens share the same notoriety in the vanilla game but again, just wanted to double check if this is the case.
In SR4 gangs will shoot you even if you fire a single shot in the air because every violent thing you do they consider that as a big threat.There must've been a change in code or something...

In SR3 the gangs were attacking you only if you made an action that resulted in their loss of HP.So you could just shoot randomly or kill pedestrians and as long as you wouldn't harm any gangs they wouldn't attack you.

I've been trying the mod and really enjoying what it does, I had been toying with the other large npc behavioural overhaul but it made more changes than I personally liked so found this mod when looking at alternatives.

The reason I'm posting is, I have to ask, how exactly do you clear notoriety at the moment, aside from 'going back to the ship', I've looked in here and the work in progress thread but I'm not seeing anyone mention it. In vanilla you have six options if my memory serves me.

#1. Kill the warden.
#2, Catch the golden CID.
#3, Start an activity.
#4, Return to the ship.
#5, Use the phone unlocked reward to clear it.
#6, Run away for ages till it gradually wears off.

I'm just asking because going on a rampage for a while I noticed it seemed to take a bit longer to actually get notorious levels up, by the time I was at around stage 5 I was looking for the golden CID as I needed to shut the game down, I didn't see any after travelling a few blocks where in vanilla they seem to be quite predictable, I was wondering if they are removed along with wardens which is cool if they are or if it was just bad luck, I just wanted to check.

Eventually in stage 5 or 6 I left through a gateway because it was increasing very slowly and I didn't have the time to wait for it to decay naturally, nor force it over level 6 at the rate it was increasing, I also don't have the phone option, its early game and only a couple of challenges are completed.

On a secondary note, one behaviour I found a little strange going from previous titles, I noticed shooting a cop or pedestrian also aggravates any 'gang' members within an area / line of sight, its like pedestrians, gangs and police all share the same notoriety gauge. I'm guessing this is because cops and aliens share the same notoriety in the vanilla game but again, just wanted to double check if this is the case.

Anyway, I'm rambling on, I also just wanted to come back and say cheers for the mod and your work on it. :)
That the golden CID doesn't show up on your end must be a notoriety bug. I have caught it quite often when I had notoriety 5. I'll look into it anyways.

The low notoriety increase is because I disabled the warden showing up. Therefore it will never reach level 6 because then nothing would spawn.

In my gangs mod for SR:TT, one shot, caused a HUGE shootout between alternative gangs, cops, generic gangs, even civilians, and you, as I merged NPC Behaviour and Spawn & Yorpie's notoriety overhaul both together with my new gangs mod.
If you shot cops in SRIV, I didn't really expect the past gangs to attack you.
In SR:TT there were 5 actual teams where some had sub teams:

Law enforcement -- Police and STAG;

Syndicate -- Morningstar, Deckers (this team somewhat was made for decker sword to be worn on the npcs backs if they had that weapon and team), and Luchadores. These 3 teams also decided where npcs would spawn;

Neutral Gang -- the name already has it: any group or NPC having this as their team, will act like a gang, but are neutral - they don't fight with the Syndicate/Law Enforcement/Saints/Civilians, nor against them;

Playas -- Saints, they would only spawn if a neighbourhood was taken over, and ofc, in the cribs;

Civilian -- doesn't need explainations.

In SRIV the teams are still there, but any Syndicate team set to the character will prevent that character from spawning.

Neutral Gang also acts more hostile to those teams than to the Playas. I've been playing with M14 and pre M14 notoriety spawning Saints as "backup", having the offensive spawning ones as any Syndicate team, and ones spawning as peds in Neutral Gang, result is the gangs shooting at each other more often than they shoot on the Saints.

I'm planning to do way more on the mod:
- a different version making police notoriety in APB Reloaded style, including new car variants (when I get the damn tool to work properly on my end);
- TOD override changes (sofar one done, it's a pain compared to SR:TT, the overhead sky never looks as I expect/intend it to look T_T);
- Better tuned variants;
- DLC gang grunts spawning once the SDK is out;
And way more, but I will ofcourse leave a version like this in, for people that don't want too much.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks. It seems to work fine so far and adds that little dash of more personality to the city, which is appreciated for multiple play-throughs.

What news! My biggest gripe about SRIV was that after you beat the game you're left with fighting aliens which gets boring. That and they got rid of the Challenger Tank. I'll buy SRIV again if I can spawn gangs turn off the powers and have a good ole gun fights.

I'm stoked! A couple friends and I have put hundreds of hours into causing mayhem together between SR2, and SRTT. SRIV,s game/ main story was a blast, unfortunately the aftermath fell short. Thanks for this!

This makes meeting the kill challenges much more fun and less of a chore. Notoriety and crowd pressure increase at just the right rate, and you don't have to take time out to concentrate on a single opponent only to start building notoriety all over again. It's also funner to have a variety of enemies to taunt.

Back