Past Gangs Spawning Mod

(Finally) it is there, completely reworked from scratch. The mod that does a whole lot of shit and probably messes up the game files, for a better gameplay experience!

To begin with, I recommend to play any DLC without NPC mods that add NPC alts or other custom NPCs. The game might crash on certain missions.

-- The mod
This mod was first intended to spawn the past gangs the Saints faces only, but since Matty is on our side now, I left the Deckers out, and a lot of stuff got added around it too.

This mod works has all functions from Sandbox+ in it, aswell as GPZs Enhanced Gang Customization.
Also, you can wear your simulation clothing on the ship, and in the next version your kabinet probably also wear their super power suits!

Next to that, I have changed most of the gang customization to add other cars with Saints variant, and made changes to almost all gang grunts in the gang customization menu. Want shoot some thugs with your chief of staff, aka Benjamin Motherfucking King? Just do so! All your kabinet is available for selection. Plus Gat!
Anyone who always wanted to have his own Gat army can have one now! How cool is that!

-- Gang Attack!
I've also added something in the City LUA so that gangs, and other enemies of the past (Ultor, STAG, Military) will attack you at random!

Want to play it easy, no problem! Attack Files => Gang Attack! => Ez has the timing and duration of attacks you might like.
Want to have long attacks with enough time in between to roam the (small) city of Steelport? We have that! Attack Files => Gang Attack! => Endurance is exactly what you're looking for!
Want to shoot a lot of people, follow Gats footsteps and have fun spraying led over every motherfucker you remember? We have that! Attack Files => Gang Attack! => Insane exactly does that!
Want to feel the heat so much you and your guns might overheat, we have that! Attack Files => Gang Attack! => Lame Insanity gives you long lasting attacks, yet let attacks happen so often you might pass out! Overtake Gat's killcount with this one in no-time with this attack style!
Yes...

-- PICS!!! (I like showing off :> don't hate :x)
-- Gang Customization

2014-10-09_00003.jpg 2014-10-09_00004.jpg 2014-10-09_00005.jpg 2014-10-09_00006.jpg 2014-10-09_00007.jpg 2014-10-09_00008.jpg 2014-10-09_00009.jpg 2014-10-09_00010.jpg 2014-10-09_00011.jpg 2014-10-09_00012.jpg 2014-10-09_00013.jpg 2014-10-09_00014.jpg
-- Gang Attack!
2014-10-10_00001.jpg 2014-10-10_00002.jpg 2014-10-10_00003.jpg 2014-10-10_00004.jpg 2014-10-10_00005.jpg 2014-10-10_00006.jpg 2014-10-10_00008.jpg 2014-10-10_00009.jpg 2014-10-10_00010.jpg 2014-10-10_00011.jpg 2014-10-10_00012.jpg 2014-10-10_00013.jpg 2014-10-10_00015.jpg 2014-10-12_00001.jpg

-- Decker Peds :OO
-- All I can say is: RAVE!!!
2014-10-20_00003.jpg 2014-10-20_00004.jpg 2014-10-20_00005.jpg 2014-10-20_00006.jpg 2014-10-20_00007.jpg

-- Install Instructions
Drop all the files in the root where the .exe of the game is (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV).

-- For the Attacks
If you want to play easier attacks, go to Attack Files\Gang Attack!\Ez and drop all files in the root where you dropped everything else, the root where the .exe is.

If you want to play long during attacks, go to Attack Files\Gang Attack!\Endurance and drop all files in the root where you dropped everything else, the root where the .exe is.

If you want to play short attacks often, go to Attack Files\Gang Attack!\Insane and drop all files in the root where you dropped everything else, the root where the .exe is.

If you want to play long during attacks often, go to Attack Files\Gang Attack!\Lame Insanity and drop all files in the root where you dropped everything else, the root where the .exe is.
copy paste :>

--WIP FILES
Want to try any of the WIP files? Go ahead I won't stop you. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK however.
The Weapons & HitPoints and such are in there though.
So if you want to play with it, go to \WIP Files (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)\Weapons and Hitpoints and drop all 3 files in the root where the .exe of the game is.

Please, keep off the vehicle files though, they're in early WIP, and I'll be spending a lot of time on the variants and physics of the vehicles. Currently I have done like 7 of the 52 vehicles' variants, so I have a way to go yet.

-- Bugs
I would recommend to use this mod once you're able to freeroam in virtual SteelPort. Don't use it before that, this mod only intends to make freeroaming more fun after all.
Also, don't use this mod if you want to play the How The Saints Saved Christmas DLC missions! Activities work fine, but the game will crash on missions!

-- In the future (near future)

In the future, this mod will also give much more variety to the traffic, as, honestly, it's complete rubbish now.
Traffic variety and gang vehicle variety took 3 huge steps backwards in Saints Row 3 and 4, so it's time to see if we can do something about it now the cruncher is out. Gangs will get more vehicles, and variants will have more differences in bumpers, wheels, etcetera.

I will also create zin peds that will roam the streets and have their own special variants for the vehicles they drive. You'll easily spot their vehicles on the streets as they glow _bright_fucking_red_!
I will also create decker cyber peds. They will also get their own variants for the vehicles they drive. You can also spot their vehicles easily on the streets as they glow _bright_fucking_white_!

-- ADDED: In my opinion, the Vice Kings NPCs look a lot like the Westside Rollerz NPCs, now since there are Rollerz variants on certain cars, and some cars fit the Westside Rollerz theme so well, I might make a Westside Rollerz Gang.

-- Changelog

V1: *Hello world!
V2:
*Monster trucks, that's right, M-M-M-M-MONSTER TRUCKS spawn on the streets, aswell as zookeepers!
*Fixed the issue where the game would crash pre mission 14.
*Added changelog to the OP.

-- Download :OO

Attachments

• the_mod_with_no_nameV2_Miku - kopie.rar
    30 MB · Views: 10,161
Last edited:
One more thing: you mentioned Westside Rollerz car variants. Is there anyway to make them spawn in traffic (driven by civies)? Or atleast see them?

One more thing: you mentioned Westside Rollerz car variants. Is there anyway to make them spawn in traffic (driven by civies)? Or atleast see them?

Don't post in italics.
Forum Rules said:
DO NOT use colored fonts, small fonts, large fonts, or non-standard fonts in your posts. Doing so does not make you a Unique Internet Snowflake™; rather it just annoys everyone and makes your posts difficult to read. This rule does not apply if you are simply using colors/fonts to highlight specific code or filenames to make a complicated post more readable.

Include their variants for spawn groups in spawn_info_groups.xtbl. The variant only exists for the Attrazione (car_2dr_exoticsports01) and the Blade (car_2dr_exoticsports10).
I have included them already, but you won't see them often.

Update soon:
- Mission 14 and the freeroam before it will be a huge war, saints (actually having working notoriety spawns!!) vs all clone army gangs!
- more variety in hit points for cops, gang grunts, and civilians!
- other cop characters will make a return! (mayweather, john, etc)

Last edited:
Do you know of any way to change the color of the Samedi? I know it was possible in the beta release of this mod, I know it's a minor issue, but it bothers me that they're not green.

I've been trying the mod and really enjoying what it does, I had been toying with the other large npc behavioural overhaul but it made more changes than I personally liked so found this mod when looking at alternatives.

The reason I'm posting is, I have to ask, how exactly do you clear notoriety at the moment, aside from 'going back to the ship', I've looked in here and the work in progress thread but I'm not seeing anyone mention it. In vanilla you have six options if my memory serves me.

#1. Kill the warden.
#2, Catch the golden CID.
#3, Start an activity.
#4, Return to the ship.
#5, Use the phone unlocked reward to clear it.
#6, Run away for ages till it gradually wears off.

I'm just asking because going on a rampage for a while I noticed it seemed to take a bit longer to actually get notorious levels up, by the time I was at around stage 5 I was looking for the golden CID as I needed to shut the game down, I didn't see any after travelling a few blocks where in vanilla they seem to be quite predictable, I was wondering if they are removed along with wardens which is cool if they are or if it was just bad luck, I just wanted to check.

Eventually in stage 5 or 6 I left through a gateway because it was increasing very slowly and I didn't have the time to wait for it to decay naturally, nor force it over level 6 at the rate it was increasing, I also don't have the phone option, its early game and only a couple of challenges are completed.

On a secondary note, one behaviour I found a little strange going from previous titles, I noticed shooting a cop or pedestrian also aggravates any 'gang' members within an area / line of sight, its like pedestrians, gangs and police all share the same notoriety gauge. I'm guessing this is because cops and aliens share the same notoriety in the vanilla game but again, just wanted to double check if this is the case.

Anyway, I'm rambling on, I also just wanted to come back and say cheers for the mod and your work on it. :)

Back