Non-glitching city

Thanks for this as it avoids having to use the checkmark for the cheat that does the same each and every game session.
So I'm using it now.

However.

I spent the past hour screwing around with the other Glitch referred variables in that file in a effort to remove the glitch or shimmering effect
one sees on buildings of all sorts. In particular brick buildings but it also shows up on wood slat buildings, etc. Highly annoying to me.

I failed. There are a number of interesting references in that file that would appear to affect this effect I complain of , but they seem to have zero effect.

Lines such as:
Name>Glitch_effect_min_size</Name>
Line 3001: <Description>Size in meters that at least one dimension of an object has to be before it's considered for a glitch effect.</Description>
Line 3007: <Name>Glitch_effect_radius</Name>
Line 3015: <Name>Glitch_max_building_glitch_time</Name>
Line 3017: <Description>Delay between building glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description>
and
Line 3039: <Name>Glitch_min_building_glitch_time</Name>
Line 3041: <Description>Delay between building glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description>

I tried crazy large values and where it seemed appropriate, crazy small values.
None had any impact whatsoever on the damn shimmering effect on buildings that drives me bat shit insane when in the game.

I've asked in a separate thread a few days back in the 'Ask Volition' on this matter and Knobby mentioned looking into it. It appears based
on his reply that this effect has nothing to do with the 'glitch', at least what is addressed in this xtbl anyway. /sigh.

In the meantime I'll try smearing body lube on my glasses to smudge the effect.

Vaseline does wonders

hal.PNG

That aside, thanks for the mod BMS!

Thank you so much for this, the pixelation in the vehicle customization screen was truly obnoxious.
You realized me that I haven't even scratched the surface of SR IV car customization options yet, lol. It's about time to put some purple on those monster trucks!

Thanks for this as it avoids having to use the checkmark for the cheat that does the same each and every game session.
So I'm using it now.

However.

I spent the past hour screwing around with the other Glitch referred variables in that file in a effort to remove the glitch or shimmering effect
one sees on buildings of all sorts. In particular brick buildings but it also shows up on wood slat buildings, etc. Highly annoying to me.

I failed. There are a number of interesting references in that file that would appear to affect this effect I complain of , but they seem to have zero effect.

Lines such as:
Name>Glitch_effect_min_size</Name>
Line 3001: <Description>Size in meters that at least one dimension of an object has to be before it's considered for a glitch effect.</Description>
Line 3007: <Name>Glitch_effect_radius</Name>
Line 3017: <Description>Delay between building glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description>
and
Line 3041: <Description>Delay between building glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description>

I tried crazy large values and where it seemed appropriate, crazy small values.
None had any impact whatsoever on the damn shimmering effect on buildings that drives me bat shit insane when in the game.

I've asked in a separate thread a few days back in the 'Ask Volition' on this matter and Knobby mentioned looking into it. It appears based
on his reply that this effect has nothing to do with the 'glitch', at least what is addressed in this xtbl anyway. /sigh.

My efforts turned worthless as well on that case. The shimmering effect doesn't seem to be caused by a material fx (matfx.xtbl) or standard VFX (effects.xtbl or vfx.xtbl). I have only a very slim idea about programming/game development so I'm probably wrong on that one, but maybe this effect is caused by some bump-mapping trick on specific textures only(preferably with some magic involved)? As you can see, the shimmer doesn't show up on a dilapidated part of the wall - it looks like it's flowing around it, or underneath.

3355ao2.jpg

Thank you for this. I actually like all the other glitch-like effects (like the wall flowing and the peds glitching out near rifts) but the pixelation was driving me nuts. The 'remove glitches' cheat removes ALL glitches (except for the wall flowing) and the game flips out even with IdolNinja's Additional Cheats if you're using it during co-op.

Thanks! but does this will work with current game or does this need to restart the game, and one more thing, is there a way to make the screen clearer on the virtual world? Its irritating to play on virtual world with like a foggy environment,

Back