MOD REQUEST: Remove censor

How it was done (gibbed tool):
1. unpack customize_player.vpp_pc
2. unpack Default female diffuse.str2_pc
3. convert new texture to dds
4. copy dds data to f_ideal_d.gvbm_pc
5. repack Default female diffuse.str2_pc
6. use updateasm on customize_player.asm_pc
7. edit customization_items.xtbl to change privacy bar top and privacy bar bottom to disabled

i think we need to go deeper -_-
after unpacking str2_pc have got cvbm_pc & gvbm_pc files
i can get png file from this data, do i need to do this or i can work with gvbm_pc directly?
i can convert png to dds, how can i copy dds data to gvbm_pc?
your answer will be very helpful for many people, thanks

upd. could you recommend tools for editing/converting/copying

We haven't got any proper tools for doing the texture modification process yet, I believe these texture had their data swapped in and out by hand using a hex editor.

I did write a tool for SR2 to do texture mods, and it is something that will probably be done again here.

seems difficult, but it makes sense
i think i'll check it
our goal to grab old dds data properly and replace it using hex
will it work or not, don't know
i saw that asm_pc has an datasize attributes, maybe it must be changed also

Daal1 said:
Hi,

I personally prefer to disable "privacy bar bottom" and "privacy bar top" instead of removing them.

- edit customization_items.xtbl
- go to lines 544 and 545 for items "privacy bar bottom" and "privacy bar top"
- change <disabled>no</disabled> to <disabled>yes</disabled>
- pixelization is removed :)

I did the same for Saints Row 2 and it worked fine :)

Btw instead of repacking misc_tables.vpp_pc with all files do you know another method to use only the changed file ? Thanks :)

I tried both this (the repacking also made the file like 55 megs instead of 5 megs for some reason) and just putting the modified customization_items.xbtl file in the root directory, and both methods cause the game to lock up right after the intro movies. Any ideas?

I tried putting customization_items.xtbl in SR3 root folder and it worked for me :)

Gandalf said:
Here's one with the proper texture included.Also from GVZ which is shutting down dec 22 btw.
EDIT:I forgot you extract to the main folder where the .exe is located.

no offence here, but the texture in that is... really not at all that great

the nips are somewhat misaligned, for reference, they should be placed where the "hide your nips" clothing covers, and its slightly off, to the sides mostly but also a little up

no pics because, A)taking a screenshot is difficult for me for some reason, and B) i dont know how you guys feel about censorship, and while i obviously dont mind a naked body, some of you might

Back