Mission Replay v8

Even if it isn't possible to determine the current world state, it's easy enough to extrapolate what it's "supposed to be", according to their mission progress and choices. I think the function you wrote already does that, basically. You'd just have to figure out what mission they're up to (a bunch of ifs with cellmission_is_complete or whatever it is) and call the magic function with the next mission. Maybe with a new case for the "end" state.

The problem is putting any of this into an optional or menu-driven system, like you mentioned. The damn cell phone interface has a separate Lua environment, as you're aware, so we can't pass any global variables around or actually DO much with it. The crib menus seem to have the same situation going on.

edit: Scratch that first paragraph. I don't even have a function for you that tells you whether a mission is complete outside of the cell phone environment.

sh04 - 3 Count Beatdown Crib Stronghold mission is now working!

Corrodias and I poured over the files today trying to find the zone names to flip. He got the first 2 working earlier and I just got the final interior one!

Code:
city_zone_swap("3count1",false)
city_zone_swap("3count2",false)
city_zone_swap("int3cc", false)

One stronghold down and two more to go! (sh01 is the powder room and isn't a crib so no zone changes needed)

I completely forgot about the mission_is_complete function that's used in the mission code. Hell, sr3_city.lua already uses it. I am a big dummy. I assume that we can use that in the mission 1 customization code -- as i had expected all along yesterday but somehow forgot about today -- to check whether the player has completed the mission already.

The part that worries me about the strongholds is restoring back to their taken-over and possibly upgraded state afterward. No idea whether that happens naturally when you re-finish the stronghold mission.

p.s.: I'm going back to bed now.

The part that worries me about the strongholds is restoring back to their taken-over and possibly upgraded state afterward. No idea whether that happens naturally when you re-finish the stronghold mission.

It doesn't since it won't reprocess the unlock. I've forced it to flip back to true though already in the existing function that completion calls. :)

EDIT: Unless you mean the different stages of upgrading.... I wonder how that is going to work myself...

Updated build, now with sh01 The Powder Room and sh04 3 Count Beatdown Replay working . See attached.

NOTE: While both Pimps up Hos Down, and Stop All the Downloading strongholds are now on the phone as replays, they are still buggy and need some zone work before they play correctly.

Attachments

• mission_replay_sh01_and_sh04.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 612
Does the latest build fix the "The Belgian Problem" problem?
EDIT: Wow, that sounds weird when you say it out loud. :D

All missions should be completely playable now in that build, including The Belgian Problem. The only ones not working yet are Pimps Up Hos Down and Stop All the Downloading. Speaking of which, I did some digging and found the zone names:

Pimps Up Hos Down - Reverting back to Safeword Club
Code:
city_zone_swap("megab1",false)
city_zone_swap("megab2",false)

Stop all the Downloading - Reverting back to the Decker Nuke Plant
Code:
city_zone_swap("nuke1",false)
city_zone_swap("nuke2",false)

I should have an updated build up soon with these remaining stronghold missions working on replay.

Looks like the first set of zones for Pimps Up Hos Down is only for the exterior. The interior of it is still missing and teleports you to the roof on replay.

Found the interior for sh02 Pimps Up Hos Down and it's now working:
Code:
city_zone_swap("is2",false)

All mission replays should now be working, including the 4 strongholds. Thread moved to the Mod Releases subforum, and the OP has been updated with a new attachment of v1 of the mod.

Back