Intensive Hardcore Mod (now with "pastgangs")

I have the current latest update (2013-10-21) and the Enter the Dominatrix DLC. With this mod installed, when I select the 'Quests' menu to start a new mission on my hub/phone, SR4 crashes. When this mod is not installed, I don't encounter that issue. Random Encounters works fine, though.

That's because the latest patch has modified several files that I modified myself for this mod.

Epic mod keep up the great work! However their are some things I would do differently:

1. Decrease the main character's maximum health by 2x instead of 3x (same for health pickups) to balance out the changes for gameplay purposes.
2. Decrease the max amount of ammo that can be carried by a little more so that increasing the max ammo through upgrades is even more important (900+ ammo for submachine guns? What were the game devs thinking!?).
3. Tone down the ragdoll/collision damage, it makes enemies using telekinesis vastly overpowered (1-hit kills).

:D

Last edited:
Okay I took up SRIV recently and the first update in 2014 is V 2.0 and it's one big motherfucker:

*Ambient spawns*

-Generic pastgangs now spawn in every hood in Steelport:Vice Kings,Brotherhood,Ronin,Sons of Samedi,Morningstar,Deckers and Luchadores.
-Due to the impossibility to design and implement new teams into the game,the relationships between the pastgangs and other teams are the following:
  • Vice Kings,Brotherhood,Ronin and Sons of Samedi are teamed up...that means they won't attack each other.Their enemies are The Syndicate,Police,STAG and The Zin.They will only attack if provoked.They are allied with certain enemies that you fight during Virus Injections,Assassination targets and Genki.
  • On the other hand The Syndicate,which is composed of Morningstar,Deckers and Luchadores are allied between themselves(like in SR3) but this is where it gets interesting:The Syndicate are allied with the Police and STAG and their only enemies are The Zin and the rest of the pastgangs.They will attack if provoked.
  • Both The Syndicate and the rest of the pastgangs will attack on sight the superpowered pastgangs(the ones that spawn from the portals).
*Ai behavior*

-Civilian behavior has been completely readjusted to be extremely random.They may fight,cower or even cheer when mayhem breaks out on the streets.A melee fight or shootout in the streets may arouse without your input when you least expect it.Of course if you want to be the one to start a war,you can always shoot just one bullet and the action will kick off.

*Notoriety changes*
-[Portals] Now the weak superpowered pastgangs come out at level 3,the superpowered tough ones at level 4 and the alien miniboss at level 5.

*Other changes*

-No more infinite sprint reward from Keith's quests.You get clothing discount instead.Made infinite sprint reward buyable from HUB.
-Doubled the traffic speed.Be more careful when you cross the street !
-Gas Stations now launch the vehicles like in Saints Row 2.
-Burn damage & duration from fire blast increased.
-When you have less than 33% of your health,you only take 10% of damage.
-Increased the hits threshold when homies turn on you from friendly fire.
-Removed vehicle angular damping.Vehicles now roll realistically.
-You know take less damage when you are hit by a vehicle or an object.
-Superpowers from Element of Destruction pack have a longer cooldown.
-Superpowered pastgangs and alien miniboss that come from portals take much longer to spawn.

Back