How do you feel about Saints Row DLC?

What are you feelings regarding Saints Row DLC for SRTT and SRIV?

• I love it and can't wait to buy more!

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • I like it and buy some of it that interests me

Votes: 76 23.6%
  • I like the mission packs, but not the item ones (clothing, weapons)

Votes: 80 24.8%
  • I like the items dlc packs, but not the mission ones

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • I like the dlc, but it costs more than it's worth

Votes: 97 30.1%
  • I dislike most of the dlc that's been released so far

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I hate Volition's DLC practices!

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I want an expansion to the base game that adds additional features

Votes: 173 53.7%

• Total voters
I personally just wish that they'd put more use into different parts of the already made scenery for cut scenes and missions. So much of the city feels like it kinda went to waste and there are some pretty intricate areas too. Both for SR: TT and IV. More scenery destruction missions like in SRTT. Heck, I'd love to see more modernized Stillwater! I'm gonna be crossing my fingers for as long as it takes lmao.

Let me tell you about one thing that I *do* like about SRTT and SRIV Mission DLCs: the ability to replay them. In the case of SRIV, being able to jump into the middle of a DLC to get that one achievement that I missed the first time around is a lovely feature, and one that I hope sticks around. It kind of reminds me of SR2 where you could replay the cutscenes from missions (a feature that I hope comes back in the future, because that was nice).

I think there was a lost opportunity in the "Pirates Booty Pack" DLC and "The Super Saints Pack" DLC. I thought for the "Pirates Booty Pack" DLC it would have been cool for cyber futurist pirates as enemies with black beard leading them and a giant pirate ship with sails as a floating flyable vehicle with usable cannons on the side. As for "The Super Saints Pack" DLC I thought it would have been cool to have missions poking fun at comics and superheroes. I imagine it being similar to the movie "Kick-Ass" and also I kinda just wanted The Boss to use Christian Bale's Batman voice for the missions.

My only requests are that the mission packs don't stop with Enter the Dominatrix and How the Saints Save Christmas, and that we get item DLC in the future that's more boom for our buck (more stuff for our money). When it comes to mission packs: SR2 got 2, SRTT had 3... so, why not go for 4 with SRIV? I know there was only two planned DLC when the season pass came out for preorder back in August, but I'm seriously hoping that it doesn't stop here. I've yet to play How the Saints Save Christmas due to the little Steam bug that seems to going around for Season Pass holders, but it looks really good and I have thoroughly enjoyed Enter the Dominatrix, despite it being a bit short in length. As for item DLC, I haven't had much to complain about in that area, but I do agree with the general consensus that their prices are a little hard to justify with the amount of content we actually get. I'd like to see either the $3 themed item DLCs cut by a dollar or adding a few more items to future themed item packs to justify their current price.

I know there was only two planned DLC when the season pass came out for preorder back in August, but I'm seriously hoping that it doesn't stop here.

That would be a nice surprise, and a great way to regain trust of those customers who are on edge.

A surprise announcement, not only announcing more mission DLC, but "hey guess what loyal Season Pass buyers, we lied about only giving you 2 missions, we are actually going to give you 4!"

I'm not using the term "mission packs" or "DLC" in this post as I feel it perpetuates the wrong mindset and I want to avoid it as best I can. Volition, I want a new campaign. Something more than 30 minutes of gameplay, I want an expansion pack!

None of the current items for sale satisfy that desire at all. Most of it is just costumes and weapons, but they're useless if there's nothing to do with them, which there isn't once you beat the game. How the saints saved Christmas would've been wonderful as a full on expansion pack, filled to the brim with Meaty content as well as holiday cheer. However, as it stands, it's just a set of short, pretty forgettable missions that, while still filled to the brim with holiday cheer, is but a mere shadow of what it could have been. In general, as someone who's played all four games, I feel that the purchasable post-release content for every one of them has been lackluster.

Personally, I hope you guys stop making small things like costume packs and the like such a huge priority and focus more on proper expansions that keeps the player's attention.

there you go, my two cents.

I dig the DLC in theory, since I love silly outfits and costumes, and I enjoy having new weapons (and also weapon skins, but less so), but the prices are way too high for what you get for them.

The mission DLC is usually funny, but they tend to feel a bit too short. Again the value.

Back