How do you feel about Saints Row DLC?

What are you feelings regarding Saints Row DLC for SRTT and SRIV?

• I love it and can't wait to buy more!

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • I like it and buy some of it that interests me

Votes: 76 23.6%
  • I like the mission packs, but not the item ones (clothing, weapons)

Votes: 80 24.8%
  • I like the items dlc packs, but not the mission ones

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • I like the dlc, but it costs more than it's worth

Votes: 97 30.1%
  • I dislike most of the dlc that's been released so far

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I hate Volition's DLC practices!

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I want an expansion to the base game that adds additional features

Votes: 173 53.7%

• Total voters
My late two-cents is that they should work on making an expansion instead of making something aesthetic in a short amount of time, then selling it in micro-transaction form. They should collaborate for a while and release a whole bunch of content made over that time, but for a reasonable price. Remember the fourth-wall quote from Monkey Island; "Never pay more than $20 for video games". This is a guideline all AAA companies--including indie devs--should follow. Why, you ask? Look at the Steam sales; the cheaper and more popular it is, the faster it'll sell.

Saints Row 4: 40 €, Saints Row 4 DLC (21 items): 67 €
Saints Row 3: 20 €, Saints Row 3 DLC (20 items): 64 €

Sure way to know the DLC is not worth it when there is 20 of them and they cost more than a just released game.

On the "doing it right" front, however:
Fallout New Vegas: 10 € New Vegas DLC (6 items) 23 €.
Granted, one of them is a cheat and one is items only, but the other four are meaty story DLCs, sold at release for 10 € each, with plenty of new items included. Not just reskins, but with whole new models and some with new animations too.

That said, i'll buy the season passes the next time the series goes on sale on Steam, as they usually include the worthwhile DLC of the mess.

Just a lil theory here, but since the Gameon/College Daze DLC is advertised as the last DLC for SR4 and no changes were really made based on this poll, Volition may have use the poll as input for SR5. I know it hasn't been announced yada yada yada, but we know it'll happen in some form at some point.

Well.. Everytime i saw these $2.99 type of DLC coming out for the game i loved, it makes me vomit and it reminds me of Capcom since they did these so called "DLCs" on every games that they have released. Most of them are just skins, color palette swaps, costumes, and keys to unlock the locked content in the full game itself. Which is very terrible indeed. And i hate developers who do this kind of stuff

I rather pay $25 for a quality expansion pack (like in the past) with more great amount of new content and increasing the game length. Like new story, new missions, new places to explore, new weapons to use. A quality expansion pack that's worth the money.

Well.. It seems that Gearbox is doing it too by making tons of crappy DLCs for Borderlands 2. And most of them last like only 2 hours after that it gets boring. Hardly worth it at all. They should just save all that content for Borderlands 3 instead. But well as along there's people buying it i don't think they will stop on making DLCs.

I imagine the majority of SR4's DLC was set in stone before the game launched. This is supported by a partial list that was leaked prior to Enter the Dominatrix's release, which included the Sports Pack (which was either rechristened as or shorthand for Game On). The Polarizer and Cosplay packs are probably the only exceptions.

We also don't know how much influence Deep Silver and THQ both had on the creation of these packs, so SR5 will be truly interesting when it comes to DLC. Hopefully they took our opinions to heart.

My opinion on the last amount of DLC released: I really appreciate the Sports Pack. The majority of 4's DLC was more fantasy cosplay than anything else, so it's nice to see some clothes, weapons, and especially a vehicle that are more down to earth. ESPECIALLY when that vehicle is a zamboni! I prefer my crazy with a bit of normalcy, to be honest.

Last edited:
"I like the dlc, but it costs more than it's worth"

The Story DLCs price i'm ok with though.
It's just the cosmetic stuff

I'd totally get most of the DLC for SR4, but I got the game after Child's Play went down... Is it possible that it might come back up? I really want to use the Digital Dino outfit.

The Anime DLC is pretty nice, though, I use the Braver sword from it. Nice use of Cloud's first Limit Break, haha. The Shonen outfit is also nice to use occasionally. I also love some of the weapons from other packs.

Back