How do you feel about Saints Row DLC?

What are you feelings regarding Saints Row DLC for SRTT and SRIV?

• I love it and can't wait to buy more!

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • I like it and buy some of it that interests me

Votes: 76 23.6%
  • I like the mission packs, but not the item ones (clothing, weapons)

Votes: 80 24.8%
  • I like the items dlc packs, but not the mission ones

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • I like the dlc, but it costs more than it's worth

Votes: 97 30.1%
  • I dislike most of the dlc that's been released so far

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I hate Volition's DLC practices!

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I want an expansion to the base game that adds additional features

Votes: 173 53.7%

• Total voters
I'd totally get most of the DLC for SR4, but I got the game after Child's Play went down... Is it possible that it might come back up? I really want to use the Digital Dino outfit.

The Anime DLC is pretty nice, though, I use the Braver sword from it. Nice use of Cloud's first Limit Break, haha. The Shonen outfit is also nice to use occasionally. I also love some of the weapons from other packs.

You just missed it. The child's play pack was on sale last week with the Deep Silver humble bundle (now over, unfortunately.)

I'd totally get most of the DLC for SR4, but I got the game after Child's Play went down... Is it possible that it might come back up? I really want to use the Digital Dino outfit.

The Anime DLC is pretty nice, though, I use the Braver sword from it. Nice use of Cloud's first Limit Break, haha. The Shonen outfit is also nice to use occasionally. I also love some of the weapons from other packs.
If you live in the usa you have still a chance to grab it off amazon grab it before Idol Ninja sees it and makes your luck run out ;) http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-IV-Child´s-Online/dp/B00H8Z22OC/ref=sr_1_35?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1393978377&sr=1-35

In short, I got the SRIV game free when I bought a video card. What sucks is over a year after release and there's no option to just buy all the DLC at a discounted price instead of having to buy the core game plus all the DLC. Already have the game. Let me buy the DLC at the cost of the difference between the base game and the deluxe-mega-super-ultra edition of the game.

I honestly held off on buying the game after feeling like I got burned on SRTT. I'm having fun playing it now, but neither SRTT or SRIV feel like they have the depth of SR2. They look infinitely better and the promise of SDK makes me hopeful. I honestly wouldn't care about the DLC being full price if there was a complete SDK and the game was mod-friendly.

For ideas of DLC done well, I would look to Skyrim. New creature models, animations, sounds, quests, and abilities... and the game is mod friendly, but still sells a bunch of DLC. Saints Row doesn't need to be Skyrim, but for people to put their faith in SR DLC, Volition needs to think along those lines. Even the Borderlands franchise which operates on a very similar DLC model seems to pack more bang for the buck into the DLC (clothing excluded of course).

EDIT: See reply below for an update on buying only all DLC at a discount without having to buy the base game again.

Last edited:
Well well... I didn't find it on Steam yet, but it appears Humble Store has an upgrade pack for $9.99 right now. Yay!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/saintsrow4_gotc_upgrade_storefront

In short, I got the SRIV game free when I bought a video card. What sucks is over a year after release and there's no option to just buy all the DLC at a discounted price instead of having to buy the core game plus all the DLC. Already have the game. Let me buy the DLC at the cost of the difference between the base game and the deluxe-mega-super-ultra edition of the game.

I honestly held off on buying the game after feeling like I got burned on SRTT. I'm having fun playing it now, but neither SRTT or SRIV feel like they have the depth of SR2. They look infinitely better and the promise of SDK makes me hopeful. I honestly wouldn't care about the DLC being full price if there was a complete SDK and the game was mod-friendly.

For ideas of DLC done well, I would look to Skyrim. New creature models, animations, sounds, quests, and abilities... and the game is mod friendly, but still sells a bunch of DLC. Saints Row doesn't need to be Skyrim, but for people to put their faith in SR DLC, Volition needs to think along those lines. Even the Borderlands franchise which operates on a very similar DLC model seems to pack more bang for the buck into the DLC (clothing excluded of course).

Back