Gat found in SR:4 Trailer

that doesn't mean he dies a second time this is the first time he is dieing we are just finally going to see it

Well assuming each saint only has one simulation (why would they have more?) it doesn't make sense for Shaundi to meet herself then attempt to save Gat, those would be two separate simulations one being Gats death and the other being Veteran Child or something of the sorts. Unless they're somehow tied together or the boss can go to a certain time he chooses, I'm over-thinking it now >.<

And the Luchadores actually nuked Stillwater, thus having the Saints there dead along with millions of other people. Really makes you choose the kill Killbane ending.

Well yeah, that too. But mostly just because of fucking with Gat's funeral. And being an egocentric douche-bag. But other than that.

Well assuming each saint only has one simulation (why would they have more?) it doesn't make sense for Shaundi to meet herself then attempt to save Gat, those would be two separate simulations one being Gats death and the other being Veteran Child or something of the sorts. Unless they're somehow tied together or the boss can go to a certain time he chooses, I'm over-thinking it now >.<

It doesn't mean old shaundi is in the simulation too, it just might mean that old shaundi has appeared from her memory. Since everything is built upon memories, apparently.

If we're going to the plane in order to try save Johnny, does that mean we get to meet ourselves from TT? :O

The way the trailer made it look, you would have Shaundi and Shaundi as a homie. But after I read about Killbane nuking Stillwater, that explains the ending much more. I mean, why even give the choise to go after Killbane and let Shaundi, Viola and Burt die if there isn't that much at stake? The only thing at stake is Angel whining about it later, unless he died thanks to a S.T.A.G ambush, but you don't hear anything about that, so I assume he got away safely. Sure, Killbane is an asshole, but what else did he do except ruin the funeral? And he didn't even actually ruin the funeral. They were driving, waiting in traffic. What Shogo did in Saints Row 2, that was ruining a funeral... Okay, Killbane killed Viola's sister, but since Viola was one of the badguys at that point, hiring assassin hookers to kill you and your friends, I didn't feet THAT sorry for her. Though I did like it when she called you to help you. xD

But if Killbane would have blown up Stillwater, killing all your friends, everything you once owned, including Ultor Headquarters, that would be a good reason for the Saints to sacrifice everything to bring Killbane down. Then the choise would have been harder. Let that mass murderer go and save your friends, or sacrifice your friends to bring Killbane to some Saints justice?

Yeah, THQ breathing down the necks of Volition kinda made the game rather softcore. It was still awesome, though. I just finished it (Again. xD) cos I just had to play more Saints Row after all the new trailers and movies from SRIV.

But if Killbane would have blown up Stillwater, killing all your friends, everything you once owned, including Ultor Headquarters, that would be a good reason for the Saints to sacrifice everything to bring Killbane down. Then the choise would have been harder. Let that mass murderer go and save your friends, or sacrifice your friends to bring Killbane to some Saints justice?

This. Exactly.

I want that. =( I want to sit on the edge of my seat like I did in Mass Effect 3, hating the villain SO EFFING BAD that you scream out loud when he gets away at the last moment. If you have that moment, then you have a good bad guy in a game, or a movie for that matter...

I'd still save my friends and go after Killbane with them, no matter where he goes.
EDIT: Wrong quote. :D

So would I, probably. But it would have more impact if the choise was harder. If you really had to ponder on it. Now, the decision is rather simple. Also, they would have made it more clear that right then, at that moment, that is the ONLY chance you would EVER get to kill Killbane. That if he escapes right then and there, you would never be able to find him, no matter how much money you spend on it. He would dissapear forever and live after all the things he did. Perhaps because his plane is full with enough cash to make even the most famous person alive dissapear. Or cash that he stole from the Saints, making them bankrupt again or something like that. Then the choise would be a bit more heavy to make. Of course we all want the perfect ending. Save friends, go after Killbane for real, find him and get one last, extremely difficult mission to end his life. But I am actually happy with the save friends ending. ^^

As for the darker themes like in SR2, I like that, but I must say one thing.

*Spoiler ahead for if you never played Saints Row 2 and plan to do it soon!*

When your character put Jessica into the trunk of the car that was flattened by the monstertruck, that really felt to dark for my character to do. But then again, I forgot if Jessica was responsible for the way Carlos had died, or was it Maero? That was the only thing in the game that didn't fit with the character. Especially him/her walking in, clapping so cold like. That was an ending I envisioned for Maero, not his girlfriend. =P

Back