1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flow754's Weapon Clone Tool

Discussion in 'Tool Releases' started by flow754, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Where is the Weapons_skins.xtbl
    I extracted patch_compressed.vpp_pc to folder and only have Weapons (This is Models) & Weapon_Costumes (Is this the Skins)

2. flow754

flow754 Modding patch tester

Weapon_costumes is for, well, costumes, alternative 3d models for weapons. I believe weapon_skins.xtbl, the file responsible for alternative textures, is in misc_tables.vpp_pc for some reason.

3. Thank you, as I'm working on a .BAT file that acts like a Wizard...if I can allow Users to Bulk it would be awesome
    If I'm able to detect the functions available based on the User Copying the <Weapon><Name>, <Costume><Name> or <Skin><Name> with the Name.

If I try to create an alternative Skin based off a Weapon or Costume/Style Name I get this
    Cloning Baseball Skin.png

I need to test try if <Weapon> with Weapon or Costume Function and <Costume> with Weapon or Costume Function because if my theory is correct then you can only Create a Clone Weapon or Costume for Weapon, but a Clone Costume for Costume only and a Clone Skin for Skin only.

Okay so the Test I've conducted with Your new Parameters
    the Name From .XTBL, Clone Type = Results using .BAT
    Name from Weapons.xtbl
    1A. Clone Weapon = Empty Folder
    1B. Clone Costume = Empty Folder
    1C. Clone Skin = Empty Folder

Name from Weapon_costumes.xtbl
    2A. Clone Weapon = Folder with 6 xtbl for skinning, upgrades, costumes, etc
    2B. Clone Costume = Folder with 3 xtbl for costumes, inventory, 3D
    2C. Clone Skin = Empty Folder

Name from Weapon_skins.xtbl
    3A. Clone Weapon = Folder with xtbl for skinning
    3B. Clone Costume = Folder with xtbl for skinning
    3C. Clone Skin = Folder with xtbl for skinning

So this is what I came to

1. Only use skin function on skin names for standalone skins
    2. Only use weapon function on costume names to convert a costume to a standalone weapon with its own costume/skins/upgrades/etc
    3. Only use costume function on costume names to make a standalone model variant under a standalone weapon with standalone skins

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 6:08 PM