Extra clothing colors and extra makeup colors

Hmm just tried again without the mod, and got a crash again. Seems Steam is trying to run my game a second time, while I am already playing it. It just happens randomly. Steam will pop up a message and say "This app is already running" and then it causes my game to crash.

So sorry, it wasn't this mod. Just Steam being a jerk for some odd reason and trying to randomly run two copies of my game at the same time.

I'm not positive, but I think this might be interacting badly with some of the IAD options; with this installed, when I select Makeup -> Entire Face -> Gecko, strange things start to happen (music stops, animation freezes, CPU hits 100%, etc). Can any of y'all duplicate this?

I've been playing for some time and have noticed no game stopping bugs or performance-impacting errors.

However, after some time playing, when selecting clothing items you've bought or when browsing your outfits
you may witness some color glitches where items appear the incorrect color. Restarting the game seems to fix
it, and I've only encountered this once.

This is probably a similar issue to the limitations I met in SR3 when adding more colors than the game could
support. You would buy clothing and make outfits, and upon loading your game if you had bought clothing with
colors below a certain point on the palette, they would all be colored incorrectly, so I had to trim the available
color selections to avoid that tipping point.

There were a lot more colors in the original mod. I still have the original version of it, so if this is ever worked
around it's ready to go!

I (think) there's a reason as to why the added colors' names show up as named something like !!!Unrecognized_hash_value for SR3, but don't recall the fix (if there was one). Is this fixable now, or to be fixed when the SDK comes out?

Either way, thanks again for the mod; the text issue is pretty much a non-issue, other than uniformity.

Like the others, I'm very appreciative that you got this Mod out for us so quickly! At first I sort of shrugged off the idea as unnecessary, but once I started using it, I couldn't go back. Those subtle changes in hue, tone, or intensity really do make huge differences in creating Outfits.

If it's possible to do, it would be great to see this Mod ported/adjusted to work with the Inauguration Station. As you know, the IS has many Clothing Items that are not available in-game as well as re-colorable versions of some items that cannot be color-changed in-game. I know there are folks working to add additional clothing through Mods, but I really like the IS where I have all my options available in one place without running from Store to Store.

No reply needed, just some thoughts :D

I (think) there's a reason as to why the added colors' names show up as named something like !!!Unrecognized_hash_value for SR3, but don't recall the fix (if there was one). Is this fixable now, or to be fixed when the SDK comes out?

Either way, thanks again for the mod; the text issue is pretty much a non-issue, other than uniformity.

The string tools allow you to add new variables and strings which would take care of this.

Back