Does anyone else enjoy Saints Row Gat Outta' Hell

The way they keep on pimping 5 it will be a LOOONG time before 6 sees the light of day

Saints Row IV was the last numbered game. Gat out of Hell was just an expansion done by a different studio, and Agents of Mayhem is not a Saints game (though is connected.)

After installing some essential mods, I would say that I do enjoy SRGOH more than SRIV. Unlike SRIV the experience is a lot more cohesive with everything being Hell-themed. The new map is beautifully varied and has a greater connection to the new flight mechanics. While you can always simply jump and run around collecting orbs, the game really shines when you string together a bunch or orbs in a single flight. Dodging around in tight spaces and diving head first into lava just to swoop up to the next island just in time. This map has a story to tell with its interesting landmarks from the slick looking Downtown area to remains of towering monsters scattered in the landscape.

Some other honorable mentions are: the lively wing animations, Gallows Dodger, and that comfy chair.

"Unlike SRIV the experience is a lot more cohesive with everything being Hell-themed. The new map is beautifully varied and has a greater connection to the new flight mechanics. While you can always simply jump and run around collecting orbs, the game really shines when you string together a bunch or orbs in a single flight."

You snatched the words right out of my mouth. Those are the things I love about "Gat" as well.

I liked "Gat out of Hell" because it fit into the crazy that the series was going to, it also gave them a reset button to make new games. I don't hate the later games, they have their great bits in them and mechanics and such would have been great to see in the earlier games. I'm kinda annoyed that some of the things I liked in the earlier games were gone, like the extreme clothes customization or things like food, drink, and drugs. But from what I read, that was the price they paid to have better graphics and game mechanics. Had to all fit on a console disc.

Game critic Yahtzee said that Saints Row 2 would have been great as a 60's Batman villain simulator and once the powers came into play, I'd say that became even more true. Wouldn't mind a reskin of the games with that motif if Deep Silver is looking for some ideas.

Back