Daedalus, Thermopoly and Stag in endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
The zone swap name for the deadalus is from Idolninjas Permanent Deadalus mod. I looked at it and tried a few things. Since the game has so many files, finding interesting things is a long process. Maybe Ill find something cool to mess around with. My main Concern is changing a few things like STAG spawning on the Deadalus, the Thermopoly and in Sunset Park. And the rest of the City stays as usual.

Ill try your editied Code, maybe that will work. Funny thing though, I noticed by testing, that if I spawn the fixed Thermopoly, save the game, and undo the mod, in that savegame the Thermopoly stays fixed and doesnt revert back to destroyed. If I load a different save, without the changes it is still broken.
Seems like the savegames memorize changes in the gameworld, even if you undo them.

Wierd. Also, Daedalus_Area.xtbl has a line:
Code:
<Zone_Swap_Name>m6</Zone_Swap_Name>
That seems like it must have something to do with zoneswaps, which is what you are working with.

sadly no. The savegame seems to memorize the changes somehow. Even if I remove the modified file, some changes wont disappear. The Thermopoly will stay fixed for example. Im looking into it. Maybe there is a way to revert everything back.

It's interesting that the save file seems to determine city state and that the city load function overrides it if a different zone is specified. I'm thinking that if we can figure out exactly what loads for each world state after missions then we could setup a mod with multiple options to set the world to any post mission state that the player can flip between. Also, if we can find a way to call functions like this from the cell phone we might even be able to let the player change it in realtime.

Tried around, but no luck so far regarding Stag onboard the carriers. Tried modifing the notoriety_spawn.xtbl and making stag spawn at 5 stars, but they wont show up either. If I set stag to active, then only stag shows up and the military won´t. This is giving me a headache. Until now Ill simply concentrate on my original plan to keep everyting vanilla and trigger the fixes after the last mission endings.

Edit: I played through both endings and the changes did infact trigger. The daedalus was already over the city and the thermopoly was fixed, well the low res model anyway, the real model still was destroyed.
By spawning the Daedalus early, it screwed up the cutscene by beeing there while the cutscene Model flew through it. After destroying it, it dissappeard again. Well back to the drawing board.

Edit again: Finally made it. Throughout the story the game stays the way its intended. Once one of the endings is through, the changes take effect. I suggest playing the Kill Killbane Ending first and then the save Shaundi ending.
The other way around may result in some wierd bugs, like the Daedalus flying through itsself in the cutscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back