Closer 3rd person Camera

Pick up any regex txt editor and change all <max_elevation>.*</max_elevation> instances to <max_elevation>90</max_elevation>. Do the same with min_elevation, changing all the instances to -90.

Notepad++ is a nifty little editor with simple regex search and dest... um, replace. In the example above, . is any alphanumeric character and * indicates it'll accept 0 or more instances of it. In other words it'll accept any value (positive or negative) inside max elevation tag. Extremely nifty and absolute must have for anyone modding or modmodding.

That being said, you can always pick up mod-moded versions of Tonicmole's camera mod right away ;) Just remove secondary extension (.v1 / .v2) and you're golden. Mod-modded so that in any scenario you can look straight up or down. Hope you won't mind, Tonicmole!

It's all good. More the marry......er

anyone know what entry need to be adjusted for vertical camera?

<lookat_offset>
<Y>x.x</Y>

This should do, higher values will push your camera higher above, low values will keep the cam closer to the ground.

I have high suspicions that it can be done differently, too. Could use a file reference wiki, like the ones CIV modders set up ;)

<lookat_offset>
<Y>x.x</Y>

This should do, higher values will push your camera higher above, low values will keep the cam closer to the ground.

I have high suspicions that it can be done differently, too. Could use a file reference wiki, like the ones CIV modders set up ;)

thx, it works!

Love this mod. Thank you. I don't suppose camera orientation could be toggled in-game?

Nope, that'a beyond my skill level. Probably beyond what our current tools could do anyways. Personally I think all games should have in game camera adjustment....but few do.

Oh, yeah....the description may be exaggerated.....though it is zoomy....mainly pillow talk.

Last edited:
This is stolen. Its not yours. Its from another site and was added with a nude mod. Thats all I know. But you can update it who cares.

Dude, what are you talking about?

It's better to use the "report" function, instead of posting in someone's comment section. Let IdolNinja or Minimaul investigate. Frankly everyone cares whether someone is the original author.

Last edited:
This is stolen. Its not yours. Its from another site and was added with a nude mod. Thats all I know. But you can update it who cares.

I seriously doubt this. There are many mods that edit camera settings, and tonicmole has released all sorts of of his own work. If you have some kind of proof or a link then we would be glad to look into it. Next time simply let the staff know instead of accusing someone and questioning their integrity. It's kind of a dick move.

Yeah yeah.. Sorry about that.. My bad.. But i did actually compared the both files and found the same, but hell its just a camera_free.xtbl file.. And idolninja is right tonicmole has released all sorts of good work.. So i guess hes just came up with the same idea as blackfireBR modder.. Its okay.. No big deal.

Back