Singa

Succubus
Staff member
This mod switches the Tombstone's model in Saints Row 2 to the model from Saints Row, which is used in cutscenes in Saints Row 2 and for the Orbital Launcher from Gentlemen of the Row.

I made two files:
One that simply makes the Tombstone look like in SR1 and another one which does the same thing but also gives the vanilla SR2 Tombstone model to the Orbital Launcher so that those two still look distinctive.

Screenshots:

Orbital Launcher with the SR2 Tombstone model:
1642023595651.png

The Tombstone using SR1's model:
1642023603768.png

Installation:

To install it just pick whichever version you prefer and move its items_inventory.xtbl from either folder into "Gentlemen Of The Row" > "optional_mod_stuff" > "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" and build a patch like you usually do.

To uninstall it simply remove the items_inventory.xtbl from "Gentlemen Of The Row" > "optional_mod_stuff" > "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" and build a patch like you usually do.

Credits:

IdolNinja and the GotR team: I used their items_inventory.xtbl as a base so that it won't conflict with GotR's features.

Attachments

• Classic Tombstone.rar
    5.3 MB · Views: 1,124
Last edited:
Added a video showcasing the base mod, as well as the optional version.

I prefer the old look

This mod switches the Tombstone's model in Saints Row 2 to the model from Saints Row, which is used in cutscenes in Saints Row 2 and for the Orbital Launcher from Gentlemen of the Row.

I made two files:
One that simply makes the Tombstone look like in SR1 and another one which does the same thing but also gives the vanilla SR2 Tombstone model to the Orbital Launcher so that those two still look distinctive.

Screenshots:

Orbital Launcher with the SR2 Tombstone model:
View attachment 30233

The Tombstone using SR1's model:
View attachment 30234

Installation:

To install it just pick whichever version you prefer and move its items_inventory.xtbl from either folder into "Gentlemen Of The Row" > "optional_mod_stuff" > "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" and build a patch like you usually do.

To uninstall it simply remove the items_inventory.xtbl from "Gentlemen Of The Row" > "optional_mod_stuff" > "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" and build a patch like you usually do.

Credits:

IdolNinja and the GotR team: I used their items_inventory.xtbl as a base so that it won't conflict with GotR's features.
I tried installing this mod, and when i installed it all it did was cause the Tombstone to disappear and become unable to shoot, even after i uninstalled this mod. Does anyone know how to fix this or did i install something wrong?

I tried installing this mod, and when i installed it all it did was cause the Tombstone to disappear and become unable to shoot, even after i uninstalled this mod. Does anyone know how to fix this or did i install something wrong?
in preload.tbl (from your main sr2 folder) you need to add "cut_shotgun.smesh" and "cut_shotgun.g_smesh" otherwise, the model wont show up.

in preload.tbl (from your main sr2 folder) you need to add "cut_shotgun.smesh" and "cut_shotgun.g_smesh" otherwise, the model wont show up.
Sorry if i sound like an idiot, i'm not very good with modding as you can see, but do you know where I can access those files? They were not in the files when I downloaded the mod, all I got was the items_inventory.xtbl file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row 2, If you have steam version in my case
there you will find the files, open "preload.tbl" with notepad or notepad++

That's odd, "cut_shotgun.smesh" should already be part of the preload.tbl from GotR since the Orbital Launcher uses the model, and I didn't have to add "cut_shotgun.g_smesh" to it when I made the mod to make it show up. All the mod does is swap the models between the two weapons.

Are you using Gentlemen of the Row to install the mod?

That's odd, "cut_shotgun.smesh" should already be part of the preload.tbl from GotR since the Orbital Launcher uses the model, and I didn't have to add "cut_shotgun.g_smesh" to it when I made the mod to make it show up. All the mod does is swap the models between the two weapons.

Are you using Gentlemen of the Row to install the mod?
Yes I did. Although I also tried to install a Combat overhaul mod for Saints Row as well. I'm guessing it's not compatible

Back