chunk_pc

Hey I'm back. Got stuck at one section last year and then kinda forgot about it.
Picked it up again and finally made some progress. I can now semi-reliably pull bounding boxes and their names.
Screenshot_20220620_145157.png

My goal for distant future is to enable map modding, but expansion outside the existing islands could mean adding new chunks so it is a big question mark. Anyway, it will take a long time before I can properly answer this.
I pray for your map modding my fellow saints.. i can't wait to see Stilwater map with your modding version this could be good hopefully We can enter The old gangs Cribs but it seems that was imposibble.

Very very interesting. If we could finally figure out how to map mod in sr2, I could imagine all the possibilities. e.g. Steelport (or chunks of it) in SR2. They already use the same file system so If we could figure it all out, That opens up alot more playability.

My goal for distant future is to enable map modding, but expansion outside the existing islands could mean adding new chunks so it is a big question mark. Anyway, it will take a long time before I can properly answer this.
Won't the map editing be very limited? I know this game has a lot of limits, you can't add many new entries to xtbls, you can't add too many high-res textures because the game starts to bug (disappearing chunks). Have you figure out how to increase the limits?

Wait, so how'd you load the chunk.pc files into blender? Does it just work or do you have to convert it?

Wait, so how'd you load the chunk.pc files into blender? Does it just work or do you have to convert it?
So open blender's scripting tab and paste the script there. You can run it with the play button.
Won't the map editing be very limited? I know this game has a lot of limits, you can't add many new entries to xtbls, you can't add too many high-res textures because the game starts to bug (disappearing chunks). Have you figure out how to increase the limits?
What I've seen in these files so far shows promise for editing a lot of things. I don't know how the engine will behave, but I'm not too much concerned. Have to experiment. I wonder if I can learn enough of the format to make significant changes without breaking it though.

Back