Agents of Mayhem gameplay details!

Holy sh...
So Ive looked into it and found out that ,in this universe, gat was In a coma and woke up to realise robots took over as police and he is furious. This means that the events of the cutscene we see in gooh take place years before aom. -and it's confirmed that gat IS south Korean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit depressed by the decision, I dislike manipulative business practices and the advent of fee to pay microtransactions. The fact that a character with their own story missions and integration, is being held behind a business strategy I hate leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth.

A part of the story is cut out, and a completely unique character class with unique abilities? I can't say that is something I will ever approve of. When Mass Effect 3 did the same, that was a monstrous business decision, they removed a crucial part of storytelling and destroyed consumer trust. I don't particularly like Gat as a character, but the principle of missing story and full on RPG mechanics and abilities is hard to not think of negatively.

Like, if it was a reskin/voiceover of an existing character, I could tolerate it, but full on missions being cut out, and such a central story character? (Even if it's one I dislike) What?

I do want to buy this, because there is a lot that interests me (the unique variety of difficulties, a full fledged singleplayer game, hopefully detailed open world, intelligent AI, potential for a large challenge, the RPG mechanics and character interactions), but I almost never preorder on principle of hating shady business practices.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

image_agents_of_mayhem-35648-3606_0001.jpg

I'm a bit depressed by the decision, I dislike manipulative business practices and the advent of fee to pay microtransactions. The fact that a character with their own story missions and integration, is being held behind a business strategy I hate leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth.

A part of the story is cut out, and a completely unique character class with unique abilities? I can't say that is something I will ever approve of. When Mass Effect 3 did the same, that was a monstrous business decision, they removed a crucial part of storytelling and destroyed consumer trust. I don't particularly like Gat as a character, but the principle of missing story and full on RPG mechanics and abilities is hard to not think of negatively.

Like, if it was a reskin/voiceover of an existing character, I could tolerate it, but full on missions being cut out, and such a central story character? (Even if it's one I dislike) What?

I do want to buy this, because there is a lot that interests me (the unique variety of difficulties, a full fledged singleplayer game, hopefully detailed open world, intelligent AI, potential for a large challenge, the RPG mechanics and character interactions), but I almost never preorder on principle of hating shady business practices.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Nothing was cut out, and the 2 Agents are not part of crit path in any way. They were a late decision to add them in, and are nowhere even near being finished.

Back