Additional clothing for sale

Question: With SR4 can select outfits be torn down to individual parts without using 3d SMAX or other 3D programs (IE without waiting on the SDK)?
Examples:
Female President Suite - break it down to upper (jacket and shirt), Dress, and then Shoes (with stockings).
Fun Shaundi's Costume (I can't believe they give that to you if your MC is Male o_O ) - Break it down to Hair, necklace, Shirt, wrist's, pants, and shoes.
Karate Kid Suite - Top, pants, wrists, shoes.
etc etc...
Or Breaking down outfits that were individual pieces in SR3.

I'm going to take a break from playing and start looking at the material in the vpp's (Steam shows me at 68 hours in game, and I turn it off to go eat and watch TV... Thats a little much for 6+ days out).

I'm hoping that when the SDK finally hits we'll be able to break down NPC costumes (like the Ronin Jacket, Tanya SR1/SR2 Skirt, some of the cool shades on NPC's, etc).

EDIT:
The trick to getting SRTT clothing back in to SR4 all hinges on the upcoming tools update that will allow us to convert asm files to xml and back. What you can do is add a manual entry in the asm for the streaming container from SRTT and then the game will then actually load it if present in the root.

Conversion of the SRT2_PC files as well, I could not open the SR4 str2_pc files with the SR4 tools (version 1.2). And I could not open them with the Gibbed SR3 unpacking tool (is there a gibb toolset for SR4).

I mean it would be a pain in the rump but you could unpack the SR3 files with Gibb's SR3 tool then repack them with the SR4 tool and then use the update ASM tool (if it works on SR4)....

I did unpack the SR4 "customize_item.vpp_pc" but I can not unpack the str2_pc files that are inside it....
It looks like alot of the SR3's DLC stuff was placed in the base customize_item.vpp_pc for SR4. This may be why some of the regular SR3 stuff is no longer individually available (damn console limitations).

I guess I'll wait for the updated tools and then start mucking around...

EDIT 2:
Okay me stupid, I had no idea the "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractPackfileGUI.exe" would unpack both VPP_PC as well as STR2_PC packfiles... thats kinda nice.

Now I'm going to go stuff my head in the sand and hope no one gives me to much shit :oops:

Last edited:
Found the Female President kit.
It was broken down to skirt & stockings; top; ear rings; and shoes...

I wish it would have been shoes and stockings...
file name: custmesh_1768828152f.str2_pc

I could probably work with the skirt/stocking but there is one small problem.
The mesh and morph are for the complete suite not for individual parts :mad:

But on the bright side the skirt/stocking is a 512x512 (the hot boots in SR3 was a small 128x256).
If I could get a set mesh/morph for the skirt then I could probably put together a str2_pc (maybe even shorten the skirt some o_O).

That will have to wait for the SDK and alot of luck... probably would be easier to make a 512x512 version of the hot boots since it has a mesh and morph.

Any Idea on what needs to be done to change the *.dds size and have it still work with the morph and mesh within a str2_pc???

Last edited:
Like SRTT, npc clothing isn't actually clothing. It's one big mesh that includes the npcs body as well. Stuff like what you're asking for isn't going to be possible until the clothing part of the SDK is released later down the road.
Damn, I guessed as much, just wanted to make sure ;)

Boy,you guys sure overthink this stuff a lot. Ok,here's a quick way to make a Ronin jacket without having to work with meshes. Step 1,take the Ronin jacket texture from one of the Ronin meshes. Step 2,find a jacket that's already in the game that's close to what the Ronin jacket looks like. Step 3,edit the Ronin texture to fit over the jacket. Step 4,attach the new texture to the jacket mesh. After that,it's all just testing. Hope that helps.

It's also an easy way to add something of the old customization options back in. I mean,how many T-shirts do you really need? We start with a "basic Tee" and we add,say,an attachable logo. This isn't really anything new and it's not much different than a spray in TF2. You're just putting a mini-texture over another texture. Which should cut down on all those different,but exactly the same,T-shirts in stores,by just having everyone offer the "basic T" and have certain logos available.

Come to think of it,you could probably have jackets and shirts act the same way. What you do is,you crop any shirt to "fit" in an opening in a jacket. For example,you take,say,the shirt and tie. Crop it down to just what's in front and combine that with any jacket. Bam,instant layers. Long sleeve shirts would probably have cuffs showing,so you'd have to add those too. But that's about it. Well,anyway,that's my thoughts on it.

Based on the files provided by the OP and my own comparison of the customization_items.xtbl and customization_stores.xtbl to find items that are listed in the items list but are not listed in the stores list I came up with this quick and dirty list of store entries to add a few new items including the Mary Ann.

Just paste those lines into the customization_stores.xtbl file in the "<items>" section for the store you want them to appear. Note there are probably a few duplicates of items from the original OP and since I can't see where there is a list of normal item names I haven't been able to check each one of these entries. I suspect it only adds about half of these items.

Thanks to 50PercentJoe for the mod.

Maybe 50PercentJoe will make a version 2 and add these and any others he can find soon. It would also be nice to have a alt version for those using the nude/blur removal mods.

I dunno,that "amazon" stuff could be part of the Comics Pack stuff which will probably be DLC later. Like I said,one of the big problems with data mining blind is you don't know what's just unused and what's going to be DLC for later. Which is why I say if you're going to have on disk extras,they should be available for purchase on day 1. Anything else is just encouraging hacking cause why buy later what you can have now?

I dunno,that "amazon" stuff could be part of the Comics Pack stuff which will probably be DLC later. Like I said,one of the big problems with data mining blind is you don't know what's just unused and what's going to be DLC for later. Which is why I say if you're going to have on disk extras,they should be available for purchase on day 1. Anything else is just encouraging hacking cause why buy later what you can have now?

Adding the Amazon items to the list does not appear to actually do anything at the moment, there were no extra items in the store I put them in.

Using that list I've been able to restore some of the IS women's clothing that was not available in the final game for some reason: Lacy Tank Top (cf_ubdy_80slacetanktop), Brimmed Knit Hat (cf_hat_knitbrim), Lazy Day Capris (cf_lbdy_lazydaycapris), Spring Jacket (cf_ubdy_jacketcleavage), Strap Shoes (cf_foot_strapshoes), Skirt and Leggings (cf_lbdy_80sskirtleggings), '80s Bangles (cf_wrstr_80sbracelet). The Lace Gloves show up but they're still bugged out. I couldn't find which one the Mary Ann shirt is, I figured it was cf_impr_ubdy_f_shirtlow but it looks like that wasn't it.

The Amazon clothing is DLC. Consider it off limits.

I actually forgot about that preorder DLC, in which case the Iron Rogue items are probably on that list somewhere too. Although I've heard some people have had issues with those items not showing up despite redeeming a code for them and getting access to the other DLC.

Back