SR3 Save Editor C

Took a screenshot for better info

Attachments

• Sr3.PNG
    Sr3.PNG
    105.8 KB · Views: 459
What. That shouldn't be possible. (The error is happening deep in the JRE, not my code.) If you enter these two commands, what are the results?
where java
java -version

Unrelated: If I were to do a project like this today (and in fact I have), I'd use C#, but at the time, Java was the only language with which I was familiar enough to hammer it out in 3 days before I got bored. Java's great for server and Docker stuff, but .net binaries are more convenient for end-user use.

No go. cmd prompt comes up and vanishes for both 2.2 and 2.4

Just got it working. Had to put quotes around the file name in the batch file

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Thanks for the save editor, I can run it no problem and it appears to load and edit my save files. Unfortunately when I load the game, I can't seem to get the "edited" versions of my file. I've read through the thread, tried to disable cloud storage, launch game outside steam.

Inside my 55230 folder, I see 3 sr3save files. "sr3save_00" through "03". Not sure what file to edit or why the game appears to not read my changes.

Unfortunately, matching save files to slots in the game is not straightforward. sr3save_00 is almost always the autosave, but the game keeps it in memory, so if you edit it while it's running, it won't make a difference. I suggest manually saving the game in any slot, then looking at the folder to see which file has been most recently modified, editing that, and finally loading that same slot in the game.

Back