Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

If you're using ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2, it's a commandline tool - you need to use it from cmd.exe or write a batch file.

I can see a few possibilities for that one. I'll have to try cloning that specific file.
would love a gui version. i kinda suck at command prompts.

I've tried it for the last half hour, (correctly btw) but the ExtractStrings keeps stating there is a missing perimeter for the input, even though the damn input is in there, it keeps coming up with this message, tried the original language string method as well, that has errors with an invalid command.

Why can't people make user friendly UI editors for once instead of making iffy, no help-supplied command prompts? real great User Access there, mateys.

Also tried:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe "location" static_us.le_strings, application crashed.

10/10 would recommend this piece of cmd again

Edit 2: Also tried the above but with sr2 in front of the input

still a crash

beautiful code there mate

Last edited:
I've tried it for the last half hour, (correctly btw) but the ExtractStrings keeps stating there is a missing perimeter for the input, even though the damn input is in there, it keeps coming up with this message, tried the original language string method as well, that has errors with an invalid command.

Why can't people make user friendly UI editors for once instead of making iffy, no help-supplied command prompts? real great User Access there, mateys.

Also tried:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe "location" static_us.le_strings, application crashed.

10/10 would recommend this piece of cmd again

Edit 2: Also tried the above but with sr2 in front of the input

still a crash

beautiful code there mate
1. If you just run "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe" it shows you some help text - like most command line tools.
2. An example command would be ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe sr2 static_US.le_strings
3. Making GUIs is actually a lot of work, and it turns out no one pays me to do this shit.
4. It helps if you provide the fucking error message.

But... yes, there was a bug here:

Revision 131:
  • Fix ExtractStrings and BuildStrings for SR2 US string files (there's no US charlist for SR2)

9bf0e9cce1.jpg

These are false positives.

The matches for revorb.exe are because it's packed with UPX. You only need revorb.exe if you're unpacking existing game audio and converting it to OGG. The matches for BuildPackfileGUI are junk - they're just generic, not proper matches. I'm happy to vouch for it - but then I wrote it.

If you're unsure, full source code for my tools is available at https://github.com/saintsrowmods/SaintsRowTools and https://github.com/saintsrowmods/ThomasJepp.SaintsRow

Unfortunately there's no source code available for revorb (I didn't write it) - but it's a widely used tool to fix up OGG files after using ww2ogg (which converts from the .wem wwise format to OGG).

These are false positives.

The matches for revorb.exe are because it's packed with UPX. You only need revorb.exe if you're unpacking existing game audio and converting it to OGG. The matches for BuildPackfileGUI are junk - they're just generic, not proper matches. I'm happy to vouch for it - but then I wrote it.

If you're unsure, full source code for my tools is available at https://github.com/saintsrowmods/SaintsRowTools and https://github.com/saintsrowmods/ThomasJepp.SaintsRow

Unfortunately there's no source code available for revorb (I didn't write it) - but it's a widely used tool to fix up OGG files after using ww2ogg (which converts from the .wem wwise format to OGG).

Ok, false positives.....hmmm...mmmh...

Why is UPX being flagged then?

Yeah I came here from a google search on how to extract the existing audio from the game so I could have some fun with it....hahahahaha but of course me being cautious(After the last hit...), I take it to a scanner to make sure I'm not running/downloading a malware infected program....and as seen above, virustotal and jotti scan scan says it's rather suspicious....and my kaspersky suite flagged the gui file upon extraction so yeah....

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I can't read nor understand any of that....so as far as I am concerned, source code is foreign land for me...

Oh, and just a fyi, I haven't read all 31 pages of this thread.....in case any of this has already been answered and I'm just repeating them...

Question: Why don't you just convert them to readable wave(I've read from another site that the ones that get extracted aren't readable, even with vlc or mpc with k-lite mega codec pack) files rather than lossy ogg ones? If the audio files are already in lossless wave, why transcode them to a lossy format? Or is there an option for that, just that you haven't mentioned so(or it could in those 31 pages that I haven't one through...?)? Just that I am one of those few who prefer lossless if at all possible, over lossy formats...

Why is UPX being flagged then?
Because malicious people use UPX to pack their EXEs too. :(

Yeah I came here from a google search on how to extract the existing audio from the game so I could have some fun with it....hahahahaha but of course me being cautious(After the last hit...), I take it to a scanner to make sure I'm not running/downloading a malware infected program....and as seen above, virustotal and jotti scan scan says it's rather suspicious....and my kaspersky suite flagged the gui file upon extraction so yeah....

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I can't read nor understand any of that....so as far as I am concerned, source code is foreign land for me...

I'm sure there's nothing I can say that will 100% convince you, but this site and my tools are endorsed by Volition (the makers of SR) - we have Volition staff (their community manager and some of their developers) posting on this forum, and I wrote the Steam Workshop tool for SRIV that is distributed by Volition on Steam. Do you really think this would be the case if I was sending viruses around?

Oh, and just a fyi, I haven't read all 31 pages of this thread.....in case any of this has already been answered and I'm just repeating them...

Question: Why don't you just convert them to readable wave(I've read from another site that the ones that get extracted aren't readable, even with vlc or mpc with k-lite mega codec pack) files rather than lossy ogg ones? If the audio files are already in lossless wave, why transcode them to a lossy format? Or is there an option for that, just that you haven't mentioned so(or it could in those 31 pages that I haven't one through...?)? Just that I am one of those few who prefer lossless if at all possible, over lossy formats...
They're wwise audio files inside a special package. The wwise audio files (.wem files) are *already* a special kind of modified OGG. The soundbank tools extract the .wem and then ww2ogg does some converting to produce a normal .ogg file from the .wem. There's no transcoding involved.

I'm the Community Developer for Volition. Our studio works directly with Minimaul on the modding tools, and we can confirm that they are not infected, and what you are seeing is a false positive.

Back