1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

Discussion in 'Tool Releases' started by Minimaul, Aug 19, 2013.

1. SRF

SRF

Then use an alternative packer? Or there is no other alternative, in which case fair enough...

Oohhhh, ok. Oh didn't know SR4 had a workshop page.....got a link to that? I'm currently browsing through it and I don't see this tool(or tools) on there....

Ohhh, ok - in that case that's fine as long as there's no transcoding! :)

Alright then, in that case I can safely set Kaspersky to ignore that flag and or restore the quarantined file! Thanks for confirming - I take all I said about it being infected back then; though one would wonder why you haven't submitted these programs to the antivirus/malware companies so they can whitelist or for them to check themselves if it is incorrectly flagged or not...and then update their definitions database on that....surely all it takes is just upload your files to them, contact them saying something on the lines of "Hey, can you whitelist or confirm my programs are virus/malware free so they are ignored, please?" And they will reply with a "Certainly" and then sometime passes by and all your programs that once was picked up as false positives no longer are anymore and all shows clean across the board! :confused::po_O:)

2. Quantum

Quantum Modding patch tester

You put way too much trust in the antivirus programs. They are far from infallible. They are a tool. Nothing more.
    While it's certainly prudent to be cautious, you can't expect every open-source programmer to submit every version of their software to every antivirus company. It's simply impractical. And we have better things to do with our time. Minimaul provides his source code which you can view yourself. That's the most you should expect from free software. If you expect more, find a paid alternative.

You've done the correct thing by investigating the source of the software. Minimaul has been endorsed by Volition, so that's a rock solid endorsement. That's actually way more than you will get from the modding tools for most games, which are frequently not even open source. In addition, he's the creator of this forum which has been around for many years. If his code had malware, it certainly wouldn't have lasted this long. I think it's safe to say that every modder on this forum has used his tools, including myself. We're very lucky to have a skilled programmer like Minimaul spending many, many hours of his personal, unpaid time to provide the modding community with these free tools. He's done the right thing by making them open-sourced. If that's not enough, I would say your expectations are unrealistic.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  3. SRF

SRF

Ok fair enough - that's understandable - I have submitted the recent version 1.31 to Kaspersky so they can update their definitions on it for you....;) And now should no longer be flagged.

4. Not sure where to report bugs, if there is a proper location for such please advise and i'll post this there

Minimaul's Tools rev131 (also tested rev121)
    Game: SRTT (steam version)

File In Question:
    Code (Text):
    voices.vpp_pc
    1,391,007,744 bytes
    SHA-1: 285af8cdb8439c61e1911b943b057884432e0fa8

"ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.RecursiveExtractor.exe" extracted the contents of "voices.vpp_pc" without any errors (removed other output lines for brevity):
    Code (Text):
    Looking for packfiles... found 1 packfiles, containing 275 files.
    voices.vpp_pc Compressed: False Condensed: False
    [145/275] Extracting voices.vpp_pc: voc_player_wf_media.bnk_pc... done.

File In Question:
    Code (Text):
    voc_player_wf_media.bnk_pc
    32,632,832 bytes
    SHA-1: 48fcc213b3ebc618495a07ef6cb579fe3c831d18

However... "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStreamingSoundbank.exe" throws an unhandled exception when processing the file in question:
    Code (Text):

C:\SR4TMP>ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStreamingSoundbank.exe srtt .\output\voices.vpp_pc\voc_player_wf_media.bnk_pc
    Extracting .\output\voices.vpp_pc\voc_player_wf_media.bnk_pc to extracted-voc_player_wf_media.bnk_pc.
    [1/1893] Extracting audio... done.
    [1/1893] Extracting metadata... done.
    [2/1893] Extracting audio... done.
    [2/1893] Extracting metadata... done.
    [3/1893] Extracting audio... done.
    [3/1893] Extracting metadata...
    Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: '▲', hexadecimal value 0x1E, is an invalid character.
       at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32 ch, Byte* pDst, Boolean entitize)
       at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteElementTextBlock(Char* pSrc, Char* pSrcEnd)
       at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
       at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriterIndent.WriteString(String text)
       at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteString(String text)
       at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStreamingSoundbank.Program.Main(String[] args)

I used these 2 tools to extract hundreds of other files without any problem from SR3 as well as SR4

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  5. SRF

SRF

I just wanna chip in with my error too(but different file), I'll just put the error in a screenshot below:
    Untitled.png

6. Made a .BAT Tool for Using the CMD easier
    https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...-weapon-help-easy-bat-input.15403/#post-98209
    But I get OUT OF MEMORY I USE CMD OR .BAT FILE

It worked fine before with CMD or .BAT Tool and since yesterday it stop working

What I did yesterday
    - Ran .BAT Tool Multiple Times

What problems this happened too also
    - Deleted old files and got new ones
    - Did it with CMD and .BAT
    - Cleared My Register

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  7. Hey, can you also work on Agents of Mayhem? I cannot find the sound vpp and i really need the songs from the game. PLEASE HELP!!!

It have same vpp_pc files but i cannot find any other tool except yours to extract it. PLEASE!

8. just downloaded this tool
    but still don't know which file

i want to extract music (radio) and conversation (also radio and between crew, so funny)
    help please