Will be Agents of Mayhem compatible with Windows 7 and playable offline?

My questions about:

1. Will be this game least compatible with Windows 7, or will requires MINIMUM Windows 8 and upwards as Windows OS?!? I'm highly PRAYING Volition do NOT discard support for Windows 7 making Agents of Mayhem compatible only with Windows 8 and newer as OS requirement... :mad::(
2. Will be Agents of Mayhem playable offline on PC, a.k.a. Agents of Mayhem do CAN run while we have NO Internet connection for some reason? I'm highly hope Volition do NOT make the game do NOT require any hard DRM coded launcher or any sort of MANDATORY Internet connection upon every time launching game like Ubisoft's (UPlay) or RockstarGames' (SocialClub) launchers! I have retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and I can suggest someone having this game to try to play it with NO Internet, and I'm sure without SocialClub being connected GTA V will just UNABLE to start most of time, and therefore NO ability to play even the Single Player game (Story Mode) game at all! :(

Last edited:
I know this, but I don't have registration there, and currently on Agents Of Mayhem site's forum there're very few users...

Last edited:
2. Will be Agents of Mayhem playable offline on PC, a.k.a. Agents of Mayhem do CAN run while we have NO Internet connection for some reason?
God, I hope so. My net connection can be....spotty on occasion and having any sort of offline capabilities would make things much better.

God, I hope so. My net connection can be....spotty on occasion and having any sort of offline capabilities would make things much better.
There shouldn't be any reason for it to require an Internet connection for single player. I would be shocked and appalled if it did! :eek:

I'm hoping they don't go the Denuvo route... some recent Koch affiliated titles have done so, and it's a nightmare if you want to do any modding that requires hotpatching the EXE (like a LUA debug hook, or RadioEnabler for GOOH, etc)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping they don't go the Denuvo route... some recent Koch affiliated titles have done so, and it's a nightmare if you want to do any modding that requires hotpatching the EXE (like a LUA debug hook, or RadioEnabler for GOOH, etc)...

Unfortunately, I have a bad news for you, guys... :( Appears Deep Silver have decided Agents of Mayhem do use exactly the Denuvo DRM for some reason! You can read more in Steam discussions in this topic here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/304530/discussions/0/1290690926868722034/ where @IdolNinja have confirmed this in post #6, followed by many peoples complaining many negative things about Denuvo DRM itself:
1. Some of the games protected by Denuvo cannot be played offline! Some peoples owning other games protected by the Denuvo DRM are saying they cannot run them without Internet and appears they requires MANDATORY Internet connection upon every launch for some of the Denuvo-protected games, like Just Cause 3;
2. A few peoples complaining some of the games using this DRM are UNMODDABLE (I'm assume this applies mainly for a mods requiring manipulating the game's .EXE, like the ASI C++ script mods for GTA V);
3. Someone in the same thread had said this DRM also makes games protected by Denuvo to be laggy with frame drops;
4. Also in additional, the Denuvo DRM makes all games protected by it to run only on Windows! No MacOSX, and no any Linux distribution can run via Wine any Denuvo-protected game at all (some peoples complaining the pirate versions of Denuvo-protected games with the DRM removed runs fine under Linux via Wine), all legal copies are playable with the Denuvo DRM active only under Windows, and NOTHING else!

Although, finally, some of Steam users already posted they're going cancel pre-orders for Agents Of Mayhem they had made, as appears they will accept nothing else but complete REMOVAL of Denuvo DRM from this game, which means you're going to lose part of your customers! Seems this DRM is pretty restrictive, and is also problematic for many people! :(

Unfortunately, I have a bad news for you, guys... :( Appears Deep Silver have decided Agents of Mayhem do use exactly the Denuvo DRM for some reason! You can read more in Steam discussions in this topic here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/304530/discussions/0/1290690926868722034/ where @IdolNinja have confirmed this in post #6, followed by many peoples complaining many negative things about Denuvo DRM itself:
1. Some of the games protected by Denuvo cannot be played offline! Some peoples owning other games protected by the Denuvo DRM are saying they cannot run them without Internet and appears they requires MANDATORY Internet connection upon every launch for some of the Denuvo-protected games, like Just Cause 3;
I hope someone can separate rumor from fact here, but I will not pay $60 for any game I cannot play offline or that requires even an occasional periodic Internet connection. I totally understand the desire to prevent piracy, but not if it cripples the usefulness of the game. I hope this isn't true -- it would really sadden me. :(
2. A few peoples complaining some of the games using this DRM are UNMODDABLE ...
Honestly, Volition has always been very supportive of the modding community, so I'd really like to hear their official stance on this before completely panicking. But it sounds like Minimaul's concern from his post above will likely be an unfortunate reality.
Someone ... said ..
We really need to separate rumor from fact here. This could affect my buying decision, but it really depends on the answers.

Last edited:
I hope someone can separate rumor from fact here, but I will not pay $60 for any game I cannot play offline or that requires even an occasional periodic Internet connection. I totally understand the desire to prevent piracy, but not if it cripples the usefulness of the game. I hope this isn't true -- it would really sadden me. :(

Honestly, we really need to separate rumor from fact here. This could affect my buying decision, but it really depends on the answers.

It's fact. I received confirmation from Deep Silver this week.

Back