Will be Agents of Mayhem compatible with Windows 7 and playable offline?

It's fact. I received confirmation from Deep Silver this week.
Is it a fact that it requires a periodic online connection? Or just that it uses Denuvo? From what I've read, Denuvo does not inherently require periodic online connections unless the game itself requires it. Obviously, an online connection is required for initial registration, but I'm talking about periodic checkins. I can see no reason periodic checkins should be required for a stand-alone single player game once the game has been validated. Could you verify that?

Your all freaking out too much. Just Cause 3 can play offline...and it hasn't been patched to play online only...GTA5 screwed itself with its online only ways, hopefully AOM don't make the same mistake...had to downgrade GTA4 cause of patches and lost of mods.

Deep Silver = Most likely put DRM on cause they have a history of not getting paid for top quality games they make.

Is it a fact that it requires a periodic online connection? Or just that it uses Denuvo? From what I've read, Denuvo does not inherently require periodic online connections unless the game itself requires it. Obviously, an online connection is required for initial registration, but I'm talking about periodic checkins. I can see no reason periodic checkins should be required for a stand-alone single player game once the game has been validated. Could you verify that?

Haven't forgotten about this. I'm still waiting on confirmation.

I heard back from Deep Silver. The Denuvo implementation for AOM will be initial activation, and will not phone home unless there are hardware/OS changes. You will be able to play offline.

I heard back from Deep Silver. The Denuvo implementation for AOM will be initial activation, and will not phone home unless there are hardware/OS changes. You will be able to play offline.
Thank you, Idol. I appreciate you checking into that.
Although any kind of DRM like this is still not ideal, I realize you guys need to make some money to pay your salaries so you can work on Saints Row 5. ;)

At least now I can rest assured that, when the zombie apocalypse comes and the Internet as we know it is gone, I'll still be able to play Agents of Mayhem. :D
(unless I upgrade my hardware or OS -- then I'm screwed) :confused:

I hate to double post, but I think this news is pertinent to this discussion:
'Rime' Developer Keeps Promise, Removes Denuvo DRM After Game Gets Cracked

It's interesting to note that the developer promised "if RIME is cracked we will release a Denuvo free version of RIME and update existing platforms."
Apparently, they have followed through on that promise.

Would Deep Silver/Volition be willing to make the same promise? If the game is cracked, it seems like it would be a disincentive to purchase a game that performs worse than the cracked version, when someone can get the cracked version for free. I don't know if those performance claims are true, but why should legal purchasers have to suffer poor performance when pirates who paid nothing get good performance? I think RIME did the right thing, and should be commended on following through with their promise.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I hate to double post, but I think this news is pertinent to this discussion:
'Rime' Developer Keeps Promise, Removes Denuvo DRM After Game Gets Cracked

It's interesting to note that the developer promised "if RIME is cracked we will release a Denuvo free version of RIME and update existing platforms."
Apparently, they have followed through on that promise.

Would Deep Silver/Volition be willing to make the same promise? If the game is cracked, it seems like it would be a disincentive to purchase a game that performs worse than the cracked version, when someone can get the cracked version for free. I don't know if those performance claims are true, but why should legal purchasers have to suffer poor performance when pirates who paid nothing get good performance? I think RIME did the right thing, and should be commended on following through with their promise.
this would be nice. I can understand the need to prevent piracy, but this would be a nice bit of goodwill towards paying customers should such a situation arise.

See this article in Ars Technica: Rime allegedly runs faster with Denuvo DRM stripped out
That's not to imply that Agents of Mayhem will have any performance issues. But there seem to be some concerns in general which may or may not have any validity.
Thanks for that. I hadn't read any performance issues about it previously though, I wonder why that changed.
Also, just saw this: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch/comments/6evy3s/denuvo_is_going_to_be_sued/
Denuvo might be using pirated software themselves.

Back