Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

Neither me! Me point is that,i feel that the game's story at least, ñeed to show more "realistic" boss experience. If the lietnants do the hard work, then why is the point of having a boss? Why the lietnants themselves don't rule the saints? If the boss does nothing, he is simply useless (comparing to real life, more a class' popular boy than a real boss. But of course that does not fit in the saints row universe... i just wanted to be able to see what boss does and why he is the boss. Normally bossess are the most compromissed with their jobs, or the most able to perform that function, in the case, he is the most badass, able to do anything

grammar errors cause is tha i am using a cellphone or whatever that is called

I want to see the boss suffer more. Having that kind of pain that he must overcome alone.
In SR series few things made him suffer (usually they were all related with death - it gets repetitive).
I want to see something related to his past, his parents, his childhood best friend, his favourite pet, something like that. Or even he facing something horrorifing (the '50's reality was fun to play, but I didn't perceive much fear from the Boss).
The Boss must overcome his fear in real life, not through dreams.

And i want to see him in danger. many near death experience, fighting while hurt and bleeding (and I want to see actual wounds and bruises that heal slowly, like in wrestling games), or on Nordic mountain, where is cold, and for some reason he isn't wearing much. Fighting against enemies trapped underwater.
He should love somebody (A member of saints of choice of the player, it would be nice). I want something that helps to fell more connected with our player character.

It would be nice if you can also create at least one or two custom characters, that will be members of the saints and will follow you (for example, in Skyrim there are several followers, but I favour greatly those followers that are created by me).

And yes, more realistic hair and beard.

I want to see the boss suffer more. Having that kind of pain that he must overcome alone.
In SR series few things made him suffer (usually they were all related with death - it gets repetitive).
I want to see something related to his past, his parents, his childhood best friend, his favourite pet, something like that. Or even he facing something horrorifing (the '50's reality was fun to play, but I didn't perceive much fear from the Boss).

And i want to see him in danger. many near death experience, fighting while hurt and bleeding (and I want to see actual wounds and bruises that heal slowly, like in wrestling games), or on Nordic mountain, where is cold, and for some reason he isn't wearing much. Fighting against enemies trapped underwater.
He should love somebody (A member of saints of choice of the player, it would be nice). I want something that helps to fell more connected with our player character.

It would be nice if you can also create at least one or two custom characters, that will be members of the saints and will follow you (for example, in Skyrim there are several followers, but I favour greatly those followers that are created by me).

Not a bad idea actually. It'd make us care for the Boss more if we saw him/her actually not a stone-cold badass for once. Show some desperation as he/she fights against wave after wave of unstoppable enemies (the shoot out escape from the Zin ship at the beginning only brushed on this concept.) Maybe he/she is bleeding, suffering serious injuries so mooks he/she could've dispatched with ease, he/she must now avoid them because for once the mooks are a threat to the Boss. A Boss that's still vulnerable and is afraid/knows he/she could die is more well rounded than a Boss that just stands there with a cocky grin while entire armies come after him/her.

I Sure want a realistic boss experience like i said before, let's give some cup of real life to the boss, making him/her suffer, professionally and personally speaking of.

Gameplay wise they could add-in some "hardcore" difficulty features that can be toggled on or off in the options menu. For example sometimes the boss will need to eat some food or else they'll loose a small chunk of health, weapons such as the Minigun or RPG will reduce your overall movement speed when in use, shotguns and sniper rifles deal far more damage to the boss (it will shave off about 50-75 percent of their health) and can stun-lock your character, vehicles take far less punishment than before etc.
Now from a plot standpoint they could evolve the Joke Relationship system from SR4 to where it could actually impact the story depending on your interactions with fellow gang lieutenants.
As for management Volition could implement a system where Gangs can retake neighborhoods like in SR2. Only this time the methods of driving them out would be randomized. I.E kill a specific set of gang lieutenants, kill a certain amount of enemies, destroy a tank or attack chopper, capture or destroy a building said gang has been using or destroy a series of transport vehicles that move around in and out of the neighborhood in question. Lastly there could be cases where the gang has complete control over the neighborhood, are engaged in a firefight with the 3rd Street Saints or it could just be a giant free-for-all between the enemy gang, law enforcement units and Saints.

A few people on another thread suggested that they should introduce some sort of Good\Evil options but personally I think it should be relegated to missions. Say for example you have a mission where you raid a STAG facility. You can either do A. attack a local STAG stronghold with the risk of heavy security, B. set off a series of bombs at a local event in the city to distract STAG and lessen the amount of enemies you'll encounter (the flip-side to this is that several roads will be blocked off), or you have option C. which is to attack a local Police Station to draw out STAG but potentially gain police notoriety. They could make it like Infamous were NPC's will give out a different reaction depending on your choices.

Last edited:
Gameplay wise they could add-in some "hardcore" difficulty features that can be toggled on or off in the options menu. For example sometimes the boss will need to eat some food or else they'll loose a small chunk of health, weapons such as the Minigun or RPG will reduce your overall movement speed when in use, shotguns and sniper rifles deal far more damage to the boss (it will shave off about 50-75 percent of their health) and can stun-lock your character, vehicles take far less punishment than before etc.
Now from a plot standpoint they could evolve the Joke Relationship system from SR4 to where it could actually impact the story depending on your interactions with fellow gang lieutenants.
As for management Volition could implement a system where Gangs can retake neighborhoods like in SR2. Only this time the methods of driving them out would be randomized. I.E kill a specific set of gang lieutenants, kill a certain amount of enemies, destroy a tank or attack chopper, capture or destroy a building said gang has been using or destroy a series of transport vehicles that move around in and out of the neighborhood in question. Lastly there could be cases where the gang has complete control over the neighborhood, are engaged in a firefight with the 3rd Street Saints or it could just be a giant free-for-all between the enemy gang, law enforcement units and Saints.

A few people on another thread suggested that they should introduce some sort of Good\Evil options but personally I think it should be relegated to missions. Say for example you have a mission where you raid a STAG facility. You can either do A. attack a local STAG stronghold with the risk of heavy security, B. set off a series of bombs at a local event in the city to distract STAG and lessen the amount of enemies you'll encounter (the flip-side to this is that several roads will be blocked off), or you have option C. which is to attack a local Police Station to draw out STAG but potentially gain police notoriety. They could make it like Infamous were NPC's will give out a different reaction depending on your choices.
That sure will be cool, but i'm not sure if it will work cool on SRV, let's let the hardcore stuff to the modding guys to make. I was talking more on a realistic story than hardcore gameplay. Over the top is cool, also.

Let's see, the Saints have practically taken over the world to the highest degree they can, overthrew a space emperor which can be assumed to have allowed them to gain control over a large chunk of the universe.... What's the next level?

And that's where this idea came from

SRV should take place in not just another part of the world, not just another part of the universe, but another part of the freaking multiverse, where everything is possible and things don't have to make sense! The ultimate setting for sandbox fun!

I am hoping to see a Story that is connected to the Good Ending of Saint's Row IV where the remaining Saints discovered that the Zin Empire had access to Time Travel Technology...
And by Time Travelling Technology... I mean allowing us to RIDE a T-Rex while in the Modern Era... Or.. Allowing us to Fly Attack Helicopters while in the Medieval Era!

My SR collection :)
sr21.png

Back