Savegame Cheat Disabler

Is there a version of this for SRIV?
this applies to sr4 as well as goh. :3 just put that bad boy into the main folder and you will be all set!

Last edited:
Download (Last Update 2012-01-08, GNU GPLv3, source files included in JAR)

This small tool can remove the "Cheats Enabled" flag from any Saints Row: The Third PC savegame.

Instructions:
  1. Make sure you have the latest Java Runtime Environment installed
  2. Open sr3uncheater-rev2.jar (download link above)
  3. Point it to your savegame (usually in C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\<SteamID>\55230\remote)
Manual method:
  1. Open the savegame in your favourite Hex Editor
  2. Change the byte at 0x000000C8 from 0x01 to 0x00

Thanks for the Hex Editor. It was most useful. But recently, I noticed changes of the filenames when games were saved. This I gather from a Steam update.
Instead of files saving under the name "sr3save_01.sr3s_pc" (for example) would now read as "sr4save_1.sr4s_pc". So when I use the Hex Editor the value where the cheat flag is used exists somewhere else.
I have no idea where to look for the cell now.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the Hex Editor. It was most useful. But recently, I noticed changes of the filenames when games were saved. This I gather from a Steam update.
Instead of files saving under the name "sr3save_01.sr3s_pc" (for example) would now read as "sr4save_1.sr4s_pc". So when I use the Hex Editor the value where the cheat flag is used exists somewhere else.
I have no idea where to look for the cell now.

Any ideas?
The modding patch changed the save format - it's not necessarily in a fixed place any more, either.

I've released a tool to unflag SRIV modding patch saves: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/modding-patch-savegame-cheat-disabler.14732/

Back