I just want the laser eyes, mmmmm and marauder weapon, can you give me the script of these?
So, I just need to add the script to weapon.xtbl? How about the other xtbl? Need to add anything?
Are you going to merge that mod with something other? Because if not, it doesn't make any sense to waste time for separating these weapons as you can just ignore other. Anyway, I can tell you how to disable dual-wielding for rifles and shotguns if it's annoying for you:
Just open weapons.xtbl with Windows Notepad/Notepad ++/some other shit, find these entries:
  • Rifle-Killshot
  • Shotgun-Police
  • Rifle-Thumpgun
  • Rifle-NG
  • Rifle-Gang
  • Rifle-Laser
And remove that line for each entry:
Code:
        <Flag>dual wieldable</Flag>
Also, if you want to restore original crosshair for these weapons, just replace <Category> line:
  • For Shotgun-Police and Rifle-Thumpgun:
Code:
<Category>WPNCAT_SHOTGUN</Category>
  • For all other entries (yes, I mean these with Rifle in the name):
Code:
<Category>WPNCAT_RIFLE</Category>
And yeah, one last thing, if I want to change a weapon damage, I just need to change it in the weapon.xtbl right?
Yes. For guns change these lines:
Code:
      <Damage_Max>
        <NPC_Damage>0</NPC_Damage>
        <Player_Damage>0</Player_Damage>
      </Damage_Max>
For melee weapons check out these:
Code:
      <Melee_Damage_Overrides>
        <NPC>220</NPC>
        <Player>250</Player>
        <Online>220</Online>
      </Melee_Damage_Overrides>
And if you want to change explosions damage, unpack 'explosions.xtbl' from 'patch_compressed.vpp_pc' and look for these lines:
Code:
<Damage_Max>9000</Damage_Max><Damage_Min>9000</Damage_Min>
Code:
<Damage_Max_Player>500</Damage_Max_Player><Damage_Min_player>250</Damage_Min_player>
;)

EDIT:
Just remember about that all upgrades are stored in 'weapon_upgrades.xtbl'.

Last edited:
Another update is out. V0.8.1 Beta - I tweaked flags for some weapons. Also, here's happy news for everyone who's using IdolNinja's Additional Cheats and has issues with 'store_weapons.xtbl' - now every new weapon might spawn while using 'letsrock' cheat. And they should stay in your inventory. :)

Are you going to merge that mod with something other? Because if not, it doesn't make any sense to waste time for separating these weapons as you can just ignore other. Anyway, I can tell you how to disable dual-wielding for rifles and shotguns if it's annoying for you:

Yes. For guns change these lines:
Code:
      <Damage_Max>
        <NPC_Damage>0</NPC_Damage>
        <Player_Damage>0</Player_Damage>
      </Damage_Max>
For melee weapons check out these:
Code:
      <Melee_Damage_Overrides>
        <NPC>220</NPC>
        <Player>250</Player>
        <Online>220</Online>
      </Melee_Damage_Overrides>
And if you want to change explosions damage, unpack 'explosions.xtbl' from 'patch_compressed.vpp_pc' and look for these lines:
Code:
<Damage_Max>9000</Damage_Max><Damage_Min>9000</Damage_Min>
Code:
<Damage_Max_Player>500</Damage_Max_Player><Damage_Min_player>250</Damage_Min_player>
;)

EDIT:
Just remember about that all upgrades are stored in 'weapon_upgrades.xtbl'.

Yes, I wanna merge with my current mod, did I need to get permission from the author or what??
About the damage of guns, player damage means the damange i took? Npc damage means those npc damage took? If i enter 0 for both means the gun won't do any damage?

As you already know the names of the weapons you want, just use the search function to scan the the xml code, then just copy what you want to fresh tables, and its more than just weapon.xtbl you need to copy an tablle that has them weapons in, off top of my head its weapons and store weapons, items3d and then you would need to interface backend aswell for the UI ther might be more cant realy think off top of my head
So I need to copy to weapon, store weapon and items3d only? Any more? "you would need to interface backend aswell for the UI" What's this???

So I need to copy to weapon, store weapon and items3d only? Any more? "you would need to interface backend aswell for the UI" What's this???
UI is user interface, its for the hud icons for some of the weapons so it depends if you want them or not I cant think what other files you would need fan of saints would be able to tell you tho as its his mod :p

This mod is still crashing my game in the weapon selection menu. Even if I don't use store_weapons.xtbl.
wat-wat-wat--137603802630.jpg

I give up... I just don't know why it works only for some people. :confused:

Back