Sandbox+ for Saints Row IV

@IdolNinja

So I've been creating a ton of scenarios to narrow down why the TOD overrides fade out on change, all of which didn't work, but I found the problem.

I've noticed setting an override in a location such as Pierce's nightmare does not make it fade out. The problem actually seems to be controlled by whether zones are controlled by Saints or the Zin. The former turns it blue while the latter turns it yellow. Oddly enough, both of these "controlled" colors are actually weather stages.

In short, the overrides only work in Alien Hoods or any zone not controlled by either faction (not sure if Pleasantville is set to Alien or Saints)

Last edited:
@IdolNinja

So I've been creating a ton of scenarios to narrow down why the TOD overrides fade out on change, all of which didn't work, but I found the problem.

I've noticed setting an override in a location such as Pierce's nightmare does not make it fade out. The problem actually seems to be controlled by whether zones are controlled by Saints or the Zin. The former turns it blue while the latter turns it yellow. Oddly enough, both of these "controlled" colors are actually weather stages.

In short, the overrides only work in Alien Hoods or any zone not controlled by either faction (not sure if Pleasantville is set to Alien or Saints)

Good detective work. I'll see if there's a way we can force the lighting then.

ToDs don't seem to play nice with different city areas for some reason. On my first save whatever override I had turned on would revert to the default post-game ToD (the bluish-gray dawn) whenever I moved to a different neighborhood (I had the entire city controlled, btw). On my current save I've yet to experience this problem, but I also haven't taken over the entire city.

ToDs don't seem to play nice with different city areas for some reason. On my first save whatever override I had turned on would revert to the default post-game ToD (the bluish-gray dawn) whenever I moved to a different neighborhood (I had the entire city controlled, btw). On my current save I've yet to experience this problem, but I also haven't taken over the entire city.

Yes, it only works in Alien Hoods. The perfect way to test this is to go to the military island which is permanently controlled by Zin. Even after it fades out, moving to a Zin-controlled area will restore it.

Sorry if that was already asked before but is there any way to hide the HUD with a hotkey (like in SRTT)? Because it would be a nice and easy way for taking screenshots.

Back