Saints Row 2 Fixing a cutscene bug

For me it was on my first file right from the beginning and no matter what i can't avoid it, I wish it was just jailbreak but almost all my cutscenes are like this. I also have a steam version so there may be a connection with that, who knows.

This seems to be linked to the console framerate. If the game's framerate exceeds 30 fps (or 60, as I've seen reported), there is this offsetting issue.

According to a supossed fix in this thread, locking your framerate using DxTory or FRAPS at 30 (edit: 60 should also work) fps fixes the issue.

Moments after I type this I will test whether locking the framerate using Vsync in the ATI driver control panel works. Watch this space.

EDIT:
The bug randomly dissapeared for me a few days ago, and I've concluded it was the same day I installed SweetFX onto my sr2 installation. One might be wise to try it. Watch this space again, I'll be running the game without SweetFX to see if the bug comes back

EDIT 2:
I just reproduced the bug. I can confirm that it happens when the cutscene runs at more than 60 frames a second. SweetFX only served to solve the issue because it had a big enough performance hit to lower my framerate below 60 in cutscenes.

Is this SR2 only or does it happen on SR3 as well?

Mini is the only person I've ever seen mention it happening in the CTG engine games. It is a much more common issue in Saints Row 2.

Is that just because it is harder to get >60 fps? I wonder if you crank everything down to force the issue if it happens all the time.

I used to not, but I've started because it keeps the cards cooler having to not work so hard.

Back