Saints Row 2 Fixing a cutscene bug

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
There seems to be a small group of Saints Row 2 PC users that experience a bug with cutscenes and objects that don't align correctly. Example:

4725BFB338F2C46CFDC4A5943D82633663EFDA00

I personally don't have this issue, and it doesn't seem to be widespread. I am curious about it though, so have attempted to look into it over the past few years. It does not seem to be hardware related since people with the exact same specs both have and do not have the bug. It also doesn't seem to be related to resolution in any way, since changing it to different ratios has no effect. Both Nvidia and ATI users have reported the issue, and updating video drivers doesn't help.

So, any idea what might be causing this misalignment of objects (besides lolport?) I'm not sure if this issue really warrants any kind of extended effort, but I could probably round up a test group if needed. I was more just curious if someone at V might know why off the top of their head.

I didn't used to have this bug, but I noticed it happen after I started using Super Sliders. That might have something to do with it.

While there might be some kind of connection or cause/effect, all the people I have spoken to confirmed that this same issue happens unmodded vanilla. It's always the first thing I check to rule out mods.

While there might be some kind of connection or cause/effect, all the people I have spoken to confirmed that this same issue happens unmodded vanilla. It's always the first thing I check to rule out mods.
Yes, I can confirm that. I get this regularly too.

Funny, I've played through Saints Row 2 about six times, all but the last playthrough playing vanilla, and I never got that glitch. I've also replayed through almost all of the missions on most of my playthroughs, including Airborne Assualt, and that never happened. I've always played it on Steam, on Windows 7, max settings, with two different computers that have very different set-ups.

Is there a chance this has to do with screen resolution? I notice the screenshot is 1080p, and I also had this issue in 1080p, in multiple (but not all) cutscenes.

I can't say what could be happening here. If there are screenshots of this occurring with multiple different resolutions on the same machine that could possibly point us to something specific. There are multiple aspects of how "props/items" align and/or animate relative to characters in cutscenes but I've never personally seen different results from user to user.

Back